Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

HELP : Radio locked

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP : Radio locked

I tried using the search feature but didn't find anything.

My girlfriend drives a 2000 Chevy Tahoe and the radio has been locked since i met her. She can't afford to bring it in to the dealer and have it reset [or refuses to pay what they're asking] so i was hoping someone here might have the code to unlock the stereo so i can help her out.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance =)
Old July 5th, 2007, 8:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: HELP : Radio locked

No secret code. To unlock a radio you need a $3k+ Tech II Tool. So unfortunately you will have to go to the dealer to get it unlocked.
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:00 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's theDelco radio withtheft lock, then yes,theremay be asecret code. If the red light on the radio (just to the left of the cassette door) is flashing, then that means that there is a code entered and it's locked. The code was probably entered by the previous owner. The code is a 3 digit number between (I think) 000 and 999. If there's an owners manual with the vehicle, then hopefully the previous owner wrote the code in it somewhere, and it will have instructions for entering the code to unlock it. While you are waiting in the vehicle waiting for her shopping, you can try guessing it, but I think you only get 8 tries before it will lock you out. Then you have to leave the radio on for an hour for it to unlock.

I think I remember that there's a way to get a code from the radio and then call Delco and get an unlock code from them. Check your owner's manual.
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

This works on vettes with theftlock. Try it on the tahoe and let us know....

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes
into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP
mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).

Procedure: 01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code. Note: This tip originated from LOTZAHP, Austin TX (credit must be given where credit is due). I verified it on an Y2K C5 with a locked radio - mine.
Old July 6th, 2007, 9:26 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hold prest buttons # "2" and "3" down at the same time for five seconds and make a note of the three digits displayed then press the "AM/FM button and make note of the next three digits displayed.

PM me with those 6 Digits and I will send you back the unlock code.
Old July 6th, 2007, 8:38 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Code 0859 will unlock your radio
Old July 6th, 2007, 9:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Code 0859 will unlock your radio
What don't you have access to??????
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

What don't you have access to??????

[sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old July 8th, 2007, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

THANK YOU!!!! It worked!

She was very VERY happy to have her radio back. You saved her a good forty something dollars so we both really appreciate you taking the time to help us..
Old July 8th, 2007, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: Vanilla Skywalker

THANK YOU!!!! It worked!

She was very VERY happy to have her radio back. You saved her a good forty something dollars so we both really appreciate you taking the time to help us..

Your welcome.....

That's why we has this forum. Alot of usefull infomation available.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: HELP : Radio locked