Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HELP! Service Airbag Message after New Seat Installation

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Service Airbag Message after New Seat Installation

Hi guys,
I was successful in upgrading my 2007 Tahoe LS cloth seats with 6-way leather seats from a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. I connected everything and now I have a power passenger seat to go along with my power driver seat . The only problem now is that my Service Airbag Light came on . Any advice on how to fix this? I was going to sell my old cloth seats but I'm thinking twice now because I don't know if this something that can be fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old April 3rd, 2012, 3:21 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I suspect it might have something to do w/ the sensor that tells the system if someone over 40 lbs is sitting in the seat.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 9:06 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Give this a read... you may need a trip to your local dealer to re-zero

Service Information
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD | Avalanche, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 1635665
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passenger Presence System Rezeroing
Introduction
The Inflatable Restraints Passenger Presence System (PPS) is a calibrated system that requires rezeroing anytime the seat cushion trim attachments have been removed or the PPS has been replaced. The procedures below are designed to assist in the rezeroing of the PPS. Before you start, read these procedures carefully and completely. For further information regarding the PPS refer to SIR System Description and Operation .

Important: The following procedures must be followed:

Read this procedure carefully and completely.
The PPS will not function properly if the PPS rezeroing procedure is not performed.
Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle after successfully completing the rezeroing procedure to ensure the system is functioning properly.
Passenger Presence System (PPS) Rezeroing Procedure
Important: Before rezeroing the PPS, the front passenger seat must be completely empty of all items. The presence of any items on the front passenger seat will affect the calibration and operation of the PPS.

Empty the front outboard passenger seat.
Verify that all SIR and PPS components, connectors, and connector position assurances (CPAs) are properly connected and mounted.
Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Important: DTC B0081 4B may be set prior to rezeroing the system if the system was replaced with a service kit. All other SIR and PPS DTCs must be cleared before rezeroing the PPS. The presence of current or history DTCs will prevent the PPS from rezeroing and may set additional DTCs.

Use the scan tool in order to clear the SIR and PPS DTCs.
With a scan tool, request the PPS rezeroing procedure.
Initiate the PPS rezeroing procedure. The PPS will illuminate both PASSENGER AIR BAG ON and OFF indicators until the rezeroing procedure has been completed.
When the rezeroing procedure has been successfully completed, the PPS will display the current system status.
If the rezeroing procedure was unsuccessful, repeat this procedure. Due to the communication status between the SDM and the PPS module, this procedure may have to be repeated until a successful rezero attempt has been achieved.
After the PPS has been successfully rezeroed, perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle .