Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old August 30th, 2011, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads service stabilitrak then service traction control (off) activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking through the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!

Thank you!
Old August 30th, 2011, 5:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I hope you realize that multiple postings on the same issue aren't likely to net you more/better answers on forums like this. StabiliTrak, built on top of ABS and TC, requires communication between various control modules and sensors. In your case, it sounds like something is intermittently failing an initial test in the area between the ECM and TCM but diagnosing it is going to be like self-diagnosing a chronic fatigue syndrome. A service department or properly equipped shop should be able to scan for trouble codes and go from there.
Old August 31st, 2011, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for your responding to my post- I'll have my shop look into that.

How do you delete a post?

Thank you!
Old August 31st, 2011, 2:54 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Just click on the edit button in the lower right corner.
Old August 31st, 2011, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we had similar problem on 2007 suburban

ventura chevy dealer could not find problem with 2-3 trip until it acted up in their possession so they could track where the short was at. it was a frayed wire down by the parking brake- we live on a sloped driveway and regularly set the parking brake and i gues with rubbing or movement a wire gor frayed. wire was replaced and problem solved. we had stabilitrack light, intermittent non start , and another light i cant remmeber what it was now --very frustrating but fixed very quickly once located. like i said it needed to act up in their posession- to track down..hope this helps