Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2014, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great I will check it later today ...its a 2007 Silverado LTZ 1500 with 6.0 motor
Old March 6th, 2014, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

What about the ABS is that a different issue or part of the same ...also truck has about 135k so the plugs could be the problem
Old March 6th, 2014, 9:17 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello hdriderrs,

I am sorry to hear of the vehicle concern you are experiencing. I understand you are looking for advice from forum members, but if you do choose to work with your dealership, please let us know. We are more than happy to assist throughout that process and can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 6th, 2014, 9:33 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by hdriderrs
What about the ABS is that a different issue or part of the same ...also truck has about 135k so the plugs could be the problem
Again it can be a number of things that cause it, but as I understand it when you get this issue its basically the vehicle telling you something is not working as expected with the driveability of the vehicle, so as a precaution the vehicle computer puts it in a limp mode to run with just the basic functionality to get you to a safe stopping place...that basic functionality disables many of the features such as ABS, traction control, smooth shifting and the ability to drive over a given speed....
It could be a mis-fire but the computer cant tell you if its the plug, the wire, coil or a defective valve or a plugged injector, it just knows something ain't working right... hopefully any codes related to the issue do get stored...
This is my take on the issue as I have read through other post....

In defense of the dealership diagnosing it, it could take more then one trip as it could be a daisy chain of things causing it...
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default stability traction control

I have a 2010 camaro ss, with a few mods done. It has big boy headers, CAI, 3" to the back to magnaflows, without catalytic converters. I recently ran into a problem with the stability tc service light pop up across the display. Checked it and received a code on misfire cyl. 1, and crankshaft position sensor. Before hand, the display appeared whenever it lost power, over night, due to leaving my amplifier on. After this happens the car runs really crappy. I have to feather the pedal till I get going, and it stays steady. It usually resumes back to normal after a few starts, throughout the day. I guess after it runs through its drive cycle it adjusts itself back to normal. When the display appears all the lights pop up dealing with the tcs. This time was different, been having trouble with the battery, when I took the capacitor, to the amp out while I was trying a new amp. Shortly later is when the problem began. I replaced the number 1 coil and plug, and bought a new battery, since the guy at autozone, who checked the codes, said that it had a bad battery. Tried it also thinking that it may be the problem. Done all that and it still has the steady miss. I forgot to mention that the engine light is staying on and off, as well as tcs light, but the cars performance is a constant miss. Oh Yeah, sorry forgot to tell you a code also popped up for rich fuel. Hopefully the information will be usefull, when trying to help me out.
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
CF Junior Member

I replaced the Terminal Resistor and it the ST stayed off for about a month then popped back on. I did notice that the ST light comes on when I take my foot off the brake at a light. I bought a brake switch and will put in in when the weather warms from sub freezing. If that doesn't fix it I'll pop the dash and cut the light wires! On kidding but this is a frustrating issue. Keep you all posted
Old March 17th, 2014, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stabilitrak traction control

I have owned my 2007 Chevy Tahoe since 07. I am the original owner. In the past year my stabilitrak and traction control lights come on every time I stop and sometimes while I'm driving and then the car chimes. When I start to drive the car jerks out of first gear and then it starts to drive normal. Has there been any recalls since then to fix this problem? I have always been a Chevy man but this has me questioning my loyalty to Chevy. I want to sell this suv so I can be free of this problems.

Can anyone help me with answers? Mahalo
The following users liked this post:
Aracely Islas (March 19th, 2021)
Old March 29th, 2014, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrack/Service Traction Control

Ok needing some help trying to fig out what is going on with my truck. Last night on the way home it started going nuts. Doors locking and unlocking, loss of power, all lights coming on and off, etc. Tightened battery cables and it drove fine the rest of the way home. The problem now is this morning the Sevice Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control came across my dash. Does anyone have any advice. Its an 09 with 91,450 miles on it. HELP PLEASE!!!
Old March 30th, 2014, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Not an expert by any definition, but my 07 Tahoe had the Service Stabilitrak etc light with all kinds of electrical type problems (not starting, door locks locking and unlocking while driving). In January, the dealer diagnosed the problem as being a body control module problem. A new one was installed and since then I have had no further problems. The first time the service light came on was mid-June 2013. Had it in to 2 separate dealers (neither could find the problem because the "symptoms" weren't happening when car was in). Was told to bring it in next time it happened. Drove it for 6 months without the service light coming on. Then, in January, the service light came on again. Repairs made. So far, so good. GM/Chevrolet probably knows something about what is going on with these electrical/electronic problems, but they are not saying.
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help

Like many already in this thread, I'm having problems with the ABS, Stabilitrak, and Traction Control lights and chimes going off at random times, sometimes I'll start the car and they'll all come on right away, other times, I can drive 5-10 miles before they come on. Sometimes they'll come on and stay on, other times they'll come on for a few seconds, then turn off.

Sometimes when I brake, I can feel the ABS come on, other times I can't.

Very often, the transmission shifts extremely hard in 1st gear.

I have a 2011 Impala LS and just passed the 60k mile mark. I bought the car used from Carmax at 36k miles 13 months ago, the only other problem I've had with it is shaking while driving (Carmax has routinely told me I'm crazy, but I know how an Impala is supposed to drive!)

What's the problem with the ABS, Stabilitrak, Traction Control, and Transmission? I know it's not covered under the GM Powertrain warranty, but I have an extended warranty with Carmax (Not sure if sensors are covered under their warranty either.)

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control