Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2014, 9:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the brake switch and that fixed it. Ten bucks on Amazon - working fine so far.
Old October 1st, 2014, 4:29 AM
CF Beginner

mine is acting up again......sometimes the service light comes on other times it does not.....

I'm thinking to replace the speed sensor wires, but they look brand new !?
Old October 14th, 2014, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Hi there-

New to the forum. Looking for a little help and am not sure if this particular issue has been brought up before.

I took my 2012 Chevy Silverado z71 to a friends shop and he installed a remote starter for me. When I picked up my vehicle the service stabilitrak and service traction light were on. The lights had never come on before this. I attribute this warning light to the installation of the remote start.

My Chevy dealer suggested I take it back to him to diagnose and didnt offer much in terms of what it could be. My friend who installed the remote starter does not feel his installation could have caused this. He did agree to look at it though.

Does anyone know what may have happened, so I can help him figure it out?

Thanks in advance.
Randy
Old October 14th, 2014, 4:00 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum

The "service stabilitrak and service traction light were on." can cover a lot of issues from a throttle body issue to wheel speed sensors, it unfortunately is a catch all condition ...
I would start with checking for any stored codes as those my give you a place to start looking....
I too would be suspicious of the installer shorting something out so a check of all fuses may be in order both under hood and the IP side panel....
I'm going to guess that the installer was under the dash so that is also a place to look for loose wiring...
Old October 14th, 2014, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gilstone
Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!
Can a miss fire cause this problem?
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum

It could, but you should also get a code of a misfire...
Old October 30th, 2014, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2009 avalanche and this is affecting my commute with the kids and work. if i turn it off, will this make the problem worse if i keep driving it? how long can i go? what is the recommended speed (max) on the interstate? does anyone have a good estimate on the cost to fix without going through the charge of a diagnostic test. Labor and parts? All feedback welcome please.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default please help!

Okay, family of 5 here, we have been looking for a nice large 4 wd vehicle for a very long time and have had our eye on the chevy suburban for about 2 years. Our best friends have a 98 tahoe and love it. Anyways within a week of getting it the check engine came on, low oil came on, battery died and had to jump it 6 times before having it replaced. The dealership was wonderful at first they advised us we needed a new battery they paid for it to be replaced then within the week we had a misfire and low oil light come on .they said oh chevy are known for burning oil nothing can be done just put oil in every few 1000 miles.lol we were okay with that being as we looooove the truck! Then we left. That was the 4th time I had to drive there within 2 weeks of owning the car. Then we got the traction control and stabilitrak signal come on and misfire code from onstar. So they once again were nice for us to come in and they said it just needed a tune up! So that's what they did. Now a bout 4 weeks later we are getting stabilitrak lights, traction control lights and very hard shifting all at the same time and oil light for low oil. Please tell me why it was all at the same time??? Then we replaced the quart and slowly drove home and it did shift better before we pulled in the driveway. I love my chevy so much but I pray chevy can stand behind its cars and not make a large family like mine pay out a ton for a good dependable vehicle. All this happened at the same i'm talking like within ten minutes! Any ideas??? Thanks so much

GOD IS SO GREAT!!!

Last edited by jmcfarland; November 3rd, 2014 at 5:46 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

What year and model do you have?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 5:39 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

What year and model do you have?
07 chevy suburban.