Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2014, 4:57 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The traction control and other warnings can signal many things....
It could be a throttle body issue, or throttle body wiring, or an AFM issue if you are consuming a lot of oil....
Have some basics checked like fuel pressure, compression checked on all cylinders,inspect all plugs for oil fouling, have the alcohol reading in the computer checked, consider getting fuel from another station...
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction light and Abs lights came on after I had my tires rotated...???

I took my Suburban to have the tires rotated. As soon as the job was completed and I drove away the traction and ABS warning lights came on!

Drove for a few miles hoping that the codes would clear and they did not. Called the service center and they said it had nothing to do with them.

Seeking some advice, no other issues with 63,000 mile Suburban.

Last edited by lm3401; November 5th, 2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old November 6th, 2014, 7:01 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the rear wheel speed sensor connection. Sits right on top of the frame. Just follow the line up. Bet they're loose! Just push back in
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lm3401
I took my Suburban to have the tires rotated. As soon as the job was completed and I drove away the traction and ABS warning lights came on!

Drove for a few miles hoping that the codes would clear and they did not. Called the service center and they said it had nothing to do with them.

Seeking some advice, no other issues with 63,000 mile Suburban.
We definitely understand it can be frustrating having this happen once your vehicle has been serviced, lm3401. Although we're unable to provide any technical advice online, we're happy to touch base with your dealership to help get this taken care of. Send us your VIN, contact info and dealership name if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

+1 what trainwreck91 said, a wheel speed sensor most likely got knocked or pulled loose... and my 2 cents, don't ever go back to who did your tire rotation, they probably did something and aren't willing to acknowledge it... knocking the sensor or connectors is something that is very easy to do when working in the wheel wells...
It was most likely a rambunctious monkey doing the rotation as quickly as possible to get customers in and out...
Old November 28th, 2014, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Stabiiltrack issues

My suburban started having problems two weeks ago. First time stabiltrack light came on and the engine wen into protection mode can only drive it at 5 mph. Went to shop no codes nothing they could do. Wednesday Same issue but light went out shortly after restart Thursday same issue but now the stabiltrack light is on and I cant go over 5mph.
Old November 28th, 2014, 6:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huntingva
My suburban started having problems two weeks ago. First time stabiltrack light came on and the engine wen into protection mode can only drive it at 5 mph. Went to shop no codes nothing they could do. Wednesday Same issue but light went out shortly after restart Thursday same issue but now the stabiltrack light is on and I cant go over 5mph.
You need to get a code reader on it and see what's going on. If you don't have one, most auto parts stores do, like O'Reilly's, and they can read the codes.
Old November 29th, 2014, 5:39 AM
CF Beginner

The code when it shows up say TBS issue and no other codes.
Old November 29th, 2014, 9:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huntingva
The code when it shows up say TBS issue and no other codes.
Usually the codes will have a number, like P0220 or P0120 etc. Is it TBS or TPS? What year and model is the truck?

Last edited by Ponch; November 29th, 2014 at 9:47 AM.
Old December 1st, 2014, 1:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Throttle position sensor could be the culprit. However it's integral to the throttle body. Check codes first. Cost about $140 from Amazon and easy to install.

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control