Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2014, 2:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those with Stabilitrak light problems may find this site interesting.

StabiliTrak Problems - Free Lemon Law Hlep
Old December 3rd, 2014, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default email HELP!

Where to?

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We definitely understand it can be frustrating having this happen once your vehicle has been serviced, lm3401. Although we're unable to provide any technical advice online, we're happy to touch base with your dealership to help get this taken care of. Send us your VIN, contact info and dealership name if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tahoe07Jess
Where to?
Hi Tahoe07Jess,

Feel free to send us a private message, or email at socialmedia@gm.com. We'll gladly work towards addressing your concerns.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 12th, 2014, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Looking for fellow Tahoe owners for Class Action Lawsuit

96,000miles -Traction control light came on, engine light came on, low power mode, strange noise came from engine, later found it was lifters. replaced lifters and approx 12,350 miles later I brought it back with the same problem but this time the lifters and the cam were bad.
was told there was nothing that could be done.
escalated to GM customer service who promised to help, after 3 months of the car being off the road and a run around from GM and the dealer. GM said they were sorry, there is nothing that can be done and they suggested getting a new engine. I replaced the engine at a different dealer at my cost ($7500) and now 7 months later we are back at the dealer with the same symptoms again!!!!! Would you like to join a class action law suit? i am trying to find people with similar situations. email me at shawn.noonan@gmail.com
Old December 15th, 2014, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Stabilitrac & Service Traction Control & Check Engine light

----------------- After 45 days lights came back on now harder shifting when it disengages stabilitrac & Traction control. Dealership is on phone with GM trying find out what to do next.
Okay, the latest fix that everyone is using: Reprogramming and taking out all the FLEX FUEL PORTION OUT OF COMPUTER AFM, EFM, FLEX FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
(Reply for details). Tech had car for whole day and worked with GM rep..
They just replaced EFM lasted 4weeks, then 4weeks prior sensors, then 4weeks prior transmission and total cost so far is about $13,400 so far. But, Alex (Camp Chevrolet Service Department) helping us out, even refunded $700 for last EFM module they replaced 8 weeks ago. Then Alex also paid for for all the reprogramming computer and was super helpful, don't know if we could of done it without Alex. Thanks again Alex.
Jim 2007 GMC YUKON SLT 105k

"SERVICE STABILITRAK",
"SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL",
"HARD SHIFT 1-2 GEARS"-(STABILITRAK TURNING OFF-CLUNK NOISE)
"STABILITRAK OFF",
"TRACTION CONTROL OFF
------------------------------------------------------
CAUSE:
COMPUTER THINKS ETHANOL IS OVER 15%
------------------------------------------------------
SOLUTION: REPROGRAMMING COMPUTER AND TAKING OUT FLEX FUEL PORTION OUT OF COMPUTER AND AFM, EFM, FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS. (Reply for details)
-------------------------------------------------------------
LIGHTS COMING BACK ON AFTER 45 DAYS. DEALERSHIPS OR GM DON'T HAVE A CLUE BUT THEY SAID MORE TRUCKS AND SUV'S ARE SHOWING UP WITH SAME PROBLEMS. STILL $13,850 INTO ALL THE FIXES DEALERSHIPS WANTED ME TO FIX. I HATE THAT GM IS TAKING SO LONG TO FIX THIS OR RECALL PART.

Last edited by nukstr; February 4th, 2015 at 6:20 PM. Reason: Did Not Fix Problems
Old December 15th, 2014, 3:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys do know that the stupid stabilitrak message that pops up can be caused by about 100 different things, right? That stupid message comes on for just about every issue you have with your vehicle so the post just about this one works for one fix but then another person could get this message and the issue and resolution be something completely different.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default stabilitrack warning

I was told it was due to my burb missing on cylinders 2/7 every once in awhile. It appears something is going on with the vehicle computer as I also lose the info center at the bottom of my dash so I cannot status tire pressure, etc. Dealer could find no problem.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to get a stabilitrak problem after driving a few miles an it reset when I restarted.
Now I get not messages at all. I hope it is working all right. We'll get some slick conditions and I can test it out.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 8:52 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Caprice
You guys do know that the stupid stabilitrak message that pops up can be caused by about 100 different things, right? That stupid message comes on for just about every issue you have with your vehicle so the post just about this one works for one fix but then another person could get this message and the issue and resolution be something completely different.
This is true, the message can be a catch all for many situations, the jist is that the engine controller has sensed something that could cause drive-ability issues and reduces options to a base mode to allow you to get to a safe place and have it looked at.... turning the engine off and back on doesn't clear it , but if the controller no longer sees those conditions after a power cycle it will go on about its business as usual... HOWEVER, you should still have it checked for codes, as most likely something has gone south and its likely to happen again...
Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, new to the forum looking for some help, I have a 2009 Chevrolet silverado with some issues, biggest ones on my list right now are abs and traction controll light are stuck on, tried to read the code won't erase, anyone know what could cause this problem tried lookin around the internet but so far the only answer I'm getting is go to dealer, seeming how my chevy has put me at the dealer a lot lately I'd like to get the issue resolved myself because dealer fixes are getting costly, thanks any help is appreciated

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control