Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old January 9th, 2015, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoe-somontan
Thanks for the info! I used the brick on the gas pedal while the key was in the on position(not running) to keep the plate open to clean the intake. It worked out pretty well. Thanks for explaining why the oil was getting in there. I totally forgot about that hose attachment. I believe that's used for the fuel vapor to recirculate back into the intake. I did carefully clean the blade, but the car still is idling high. I didn't force the butterfly valve opened as I was using the gas pedal trick. Any idea how long it takes to recalibrate itself? I'm thinking of letting the truck run idle in front of my house for a while(possibly all day) to fix it. Thoughts?
So I've drove my truck for about 60 miles now doing city and highway driving over a couple of days or so. 80% of it was probably highway driving and idle has gone down considerably. It looks like it's still running a little bit high. I thought my idles was about 500 rpm before cleaning the intake. It's a little over that(600 -700 I think). I think it will correct itself completely when I reach 100 miles of driving.
Old January 15th, 2015, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default Problems stabilitrak

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your vehicle. If this message turns on while you are driving, pull off the road as soon as possible and stop carefully. Try resetting the system by turning the ignition off and then back on. If this message still stays on or turns back on again while you are driving, your vehicle needs service. Have the StabiliTrakSystem inspected by your dealer as soon as possible. If you continue having this issue I would consult with a Certified Technician. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Louis
I have a similar problem. I hd a load of problems about a year ago. Stabilitrak. Reduction of speed. Etc. Totally unpredictable. I had it in the shop countless times and they complained about it throwing off too many codes Etc. I finally replaced the harness and it seemed to go away. But it's back. Traveling down the turnpike late the other night and out of nowhere it happened. Stabilitrak off. Engine power reduced etc. had to pull off to the side of the road. Not exactly a safe situation. Had to wait about half an hour turning it on and off for it to allow me to drive. This is a very unsafe situation and I am looks for a permanent answer. Any thoughts.
Old January 17th, 2015, 7:27 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Stabilitrac off, radio RPM whine

last couple of days I have had a whine in the speakers with the radio on at very low volume and my stabilitrac light came on. for the past week or so I have also had a weak start, I wrote it off to it being so cold out lately, well the other morning it would not start dead battery..
I was going to remove and replace the battery and also considered the alternator/generator as I suspected that is where the whine was coming from, the whine was very much rpm dependent but went away as the vehicle warmed up. When I wen to pull the positive terminal I notice that it was not very tightly connected.
I removed the battery and put it on the charger and while it charged I cleaned all battery connections as well as the positive cable connection at the alternator and the ground cable to the block and ground strap.
Re-installed the battery and viola! whine is gone, starts are good and strong again and no codes or errors...
I suspect the cold weather shrank the battery terminals and then the engine warm up swelled them and the repeated process lead to a very weak connection.
Root cause and fix was poor battery connections, i should have been tipped off by the higher and longer then normal charge being delivered to the battery that I was writing off to the extreme cold...
Old February 6th, 2015, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak Ridiculous

2007 Suburban. Have had stabilitrack issues for 3 years. Eventually since I have high miles I replaced the transmission January 2014 at Chevy dealership for $4500! Everything running smooth, no stabilitrack light.....wait for it.....3 months later cylinder one goes and stabilitrak light stays on and new transmission shifts hard. I just replaced engine with Remanufactured engine. Runs great....wait for it.....for 2 months. 2 days ago....stabilitrak light back on. Somebody please class action lawsuit Chevrolet. I will be in line. When someone gets killed because their traction control goes out because of a known problem, they will wish they had found a solution for this problem.....or would they rather just pay that off as collateral damage and roll the dice on the rest of us repeatedly having issues.
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:55 AM
CF Active Member

hmm, same issue here, but along with missfire on 1st cylinder (P0301) and Service stabiltrak and service traction control on screen,
My worry is, that knocking is coming from bottom, not from top (valve cover).

It looks like lifters (common problem) but why is knocking coming from bottom?

Also, it happened to me year ago. It was bad gasoline from local Wawa gas station (too much additives for flexfuel), so i refilled gasoline form different gas station and everything went back to normal.

EDIT:
hmm, believe it or not, it looks like that knocking sound is coming from my catalytic convertor... It might be broken piece of honneycomb making that noice...

Last edited by vrso2; February 9th, 2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old February 11th, 2015, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default New to forum

I have a 2006 Tahie with 136,000 miles.
The stability control light, emergency brake light, and ABS light all come on at the same time and have been on for the past four days. When all three lights are on, my AC and heater do not come on... They don't function. Also, my installed, aftermarket, overhead DVD player will not work. Only two times out of the blue, while turning the AC **** to on, have the three lights disappeared, the AC worked and the DVD player worked. But still, as of today, the three lights remain on.
Has anyone else had the issue with those three lights and it affecting the AC and heater?
Old February 11th, 2015, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jzamo
I have a 2006 Tahie with 136,000 miles.
The stability control light, emergency brake light, and ABS light all come on at the same time and have been on for the past four days. When all three lights are on, my AC and heater do not come on... They don't function. Also, my installed, aftermarket, overhead DVD player will not work. Only two times out of the blue, while turning the AC **** to on, have the three lights disappeared, the AC worked and the DVD player worked. But still, as of today, the three lights remain on.
Has anyone else had the issue with those three lights and it affecting the AC and heater?
I've had the stability control and the ABS light come on. I haven't had the other issues you mentioned. Have you tried to get some codes on the car first? You should fix whatever the codes are being reported first. That helped me fix my issues with stabilitrak.
Old February 12th, 2015, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

hello

i have a 2010 chevy silverado

last night i put gas in my truck, this morning driving to work i notice the truck felt kind sluggish rpm was idling up and down the my dash board stating flashing Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control, and check engine light was flashing but would go a way after a minute or so. the TC light would stay on though. and when i came to a stop the truck felt it was going to die when i come to a stop. what would be the cause of this any help would be nice thanks
Old February 12th, 2015, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

finally installed my sensor today, the error went away immediately on next startup....

Now I need to drive and see if it stays away....

more importantly I need to see if I now have to turn off traction control when I do donuts.
Old February 12th, 2015, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default ST and Tc waring light p0307 error code

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
StabiliTrak Indicator Light: If the warning light does not come on then, have it fixed so it will be ready to warn you if there is a problem. If it stays on, or comes on when you are driving, there may be a problem with your StabiliTrak system and your vehicle may need service. When this warning light is on, the system is off and will not limit wheel spin. Adjust your driving accordingly.

This light will also flash when the StabiliTrak system is active. If the StabiliTrak system warning light comes on and stays on for an extended period of time when the system is turned on, your vehicle needs service.

The traction control part of StabiliTrak can be turned off by pressing and releasing the StabiliTrak button if both systems (traction control and StabiliTrak) were previously on. To disable both traction control and StabiliTrak, press and hold the button for five seconds.

Traction control and StabiliTrak can be turned on by pressing and releasing the StabiliTrak button if not automatically shut off for any other reason.

When the TCS or StabiliTrak system is turned off, the StabiliTrak light and the appropriate TCS off or StabiliTrak off message will be displayed on the DIC to warn the driver. Your vehicle will still have brake-traction control when traction control is off, but will not be able to use the engine speed management system.

If the StabiliTrak and/or Traction Control are not operating properly, I encourage you to take your vehicle in for inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
Check your spark plugs number 7 is misfiring

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control