Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2016, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
so...since most people seem to not read anything posted from people that actually have the sources and live the life ill try again

ANY code that can turn on the check engine light will more than likely DISABLE the stabilitrak or traction control systems which causes the lights to come ON. Those same lights can also come on from faults in the individual systems. Which means there are literally 100s if not 1,000s of things that can cause the lights to turn on. What works on one vehicle will not necessarily fix the next....just for what its worth.
07 Suburban just started doing this immediately after having front end repaired and two new tires put on truck. Check engine light had been on previously due to oil pressure gauge on dash failing. Way too much $$ to replace with dealer. About 6 months ago Air Bag light came on. Bigger concern to me is the traction control/stabilitrack/ABS light and saying they are off. Planning a long drive to FL in a few weeks and want to assure it is safe to drive down. Mechanics have replaced ABS sensor on rear and front as well as a wheel barring in order to cover themselves. What should I do next? Our dealership is a joke, wait times are ridiculous and priced outrageous. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old June 8th, 2016, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum,
My process is to read all the codes, write them down, clear them and do a brief study up on each of the codes to look for a pattern or connections, just because a code seems to indicate say a bad o2 sensor, it could really be a back spark plug allowing unburned fuel to pass onto the sensor.
See what comes back after clearing them.
Do the basic checks of battery connections, alternator/generator connections, check the engine ground strap, do a good inspection of wire harnesses under the hood,I know these things can seem way off base but more often than not the problem is simple not complicated.
If and when codes start showing back up, address them one at a time, if a part can be swapped, i.e. plug, plug wire, coil pack do that, clear codes and see what sticks.
On items harder to access or can't be swapped, you have to decide what is the least costly to shotgun, in some cases you can do deeper troubleshooting, like ohm'ing out an O2 sensor to see if it is in range, or check or check for a voltage signal coming to /from a sensor...
It's a balance of cost/time/effort , dig through the forum as there is lots of info scattered about. And Please do report back of what worked or didn't work as that will help someone just as it can or could help you solve your issue...
07 Suburban just started doing this immediately after having front end repaired and two new tires put on truck. Check engine light had been on previously due to oil pressure gauge on dash failing. Way too much $$ to replace with dealer. About 6 months ago Air Bag light came on. Bigger concern to me is the traction control/stabilitrack/ABS light and saying they are off. Planning a long drive to FL in a few weeks and want to assure it is safe to drive down. Mechanics have replaced ABS sensor on rear and front as well as a wheel barring in order to cover themselves. What should I do next? Our dealership is a joke, wait times are ridiculous and priced outrageous. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old June 21st, 2016, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default issues with stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

please what do i do because it shows on my board saying service stabilitrak & Service Traction control off
Old June 21st, 2016, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak off\engine shuts off and turns back on

I have a 2011chevy silvarado LT z71 and all of a sudden the stabilitrak off msg appears and the engine shuts down for a second and then turns back on. Its at the dealer now and they said they have never seen this issue. Here is snap shot of what appears on my gages before the engine shuts down. I have a full video if anyone wants to see what happens

Last edited by clogold; June 21st, 2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old June 27th, 2016, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak Traction control GM recall

Has this TCS issue only been linked to GM trucks and SUV'S? What are the grounds for recall, death and media intervention? Apparently GM vehicles doesn't have an answer or a fix to this potentially dangerous problem. I have an 07 Silverado with this problem, and via scans and various suggestions for a fix, plus the cost and time inconvenience, still no definitive answer or fix. RECALL GM.
Old June 27th, 2016, 8:12 AM
CF Veteran

if you haven't realized there are more than 1 reason those lights come on...what exactly do you expect them to recall?
Old June 27th, 2016, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
if you haven't realized there are more than 1 reason those lights come on...what exactly do you expect them to recall?
Imagine the TCS failing on a day when the roads are less desirable ex rain, snow. RECALL the stabilitrak and TCS for the GM vehicles... Find a definite fix...
Old June 27th, 2016, 7:47 PM
CF Veteran

that didn't even come close to answering my question, plus there was a time when traction control systems didn't exist and it wasn't that long ago.

A definite fix for what? theres literally 1000s of different reasons those lights could come on and/or systems disabled
Old July 16th, 2016, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default Having trouble

This problem keep happen with my Chevy lmpala 08 ss 5.3 nobody have anwser I need to fix my car went to the dealer with this problem 3 times Avery code that comeshe up in fix and still having the same problem with services stabilitrack & service traction control with my engine light
Old August 8th, 2016, 6:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default Service Stabilitrak

I am also having the "service Stabilitrak" problem with my 07 Trailblazer SS. It comes on when i start it and stays on. While its on it wont let my AC work. And i live in Florida and its August so this is a big problem for me. Anyone else haventhis issue?

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control