Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old August 9th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
the "service Stabilitrak" unfortunately can cover multiple drivability issues that the computer can't always pinpoint. It could range from a dirty throttle body to a bad rear wheel speed sensor, or a battery that is getting old and weak.
All stored codes need to be read and documented and addressed accordingly... As stated in previous post the "service Stabilitrak" is not a defect in-itself or a one cause issue.
More often then not the problem comes from previous issues i.e. check engine lights that have come on but gone back off or are ignored because the vehicle drives fine... any and all check engine or service engine lights need to be checked out as soon as possible, otherwise there is a risk of the root problem being masked but other subsequent problems that may or may not be related.
Nut shell always treat a check engine or service engine light seriously even if it goes back out after a restart or two, rarely do problems ever heal themselves or just go away, something made the light come on.
Old August 14th, 2016, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrack, traction control comes and goes..

My husband just had new exhaust work done on our 2007 chevy suburban from the muffler back. He had the shop run duel exhaust which in turn they had to remove the spare tire. Since we had this done, I keep getting the service stabilitrack and service traction control warnings lights. They come on, then they go off.. any clue as to what's going on? I assume it has to deal with the exhaust just getting done since I haven't had a problem with this before?
Old August 14th, 2016, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you have the Autoride system with the special shocks, I suspect that one or both of the connectors got dislodged during the exhaust work.
Old August 15th, 2016, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default No auto ride

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. If you have the Autoride system with the special shocks, I suspect that one or both of the connectors got dislodged during the exhaust work.
73shark.. we replaced the front air shocks with coil and the rear with passive air about 6months ago. But, I will definitely check the connections out! Thanks!
Old August 17th, 2016, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
bmelson,

I encourage you to have your vehicle inspected by a certified technician. This issue may be occurring due to a yaw/lateral sensor circuit. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer additional information, and repair options, after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service
GM call and said to take my 2006 Chevy Uplander the ABS / TCS Stability Service problems. After it went to Don Wheaton Chevy for service i was told I need to change the ABS Modulator and ABS Module...total cost for $3000.
why ABS light comes on and off intermittently, and it feel like lost of brake power???
Why is there no recall to fix such dangerous problems? Does Transportation safety board know of these serious
brake issues on the uplanders, equionox and others?
what will GM willing to do about my vehicle before I lose all brake control and KILL some on the road?
Old August 17th, 2016, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Service stability track

I have this problem on right rear sensor fault, that's what my scanners says . I replaced 2 new sensors, new connectors and 2 feet off wire from the connectors. Still having this code. But when I remove battery posts and put them together and key on ignition for an minute and then reconnect battery cables. It works fine . But when parked overnight ,in the morning getting this code again .so confusing, anybody got solutions.
Old August 17th, 2016, 9:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Terminal Resistor

Originally Posted by nc_chick53
My husband just had new exhaust work done on our 2007 chevy suburban from the muffler back. He had the shop run duel exhaust which in turn they had to remove the spare tire. Since we had this done, I keep getting the service stabilitrack and service traction control warnings lights. They come on, then they go off.. any clue as to what's going on? I assume it has to deal with the exhaust just getting done since I haven't had a problem with this before?

There's a terminal resistor along the back axle next to the spare. Probably disconnected or damaged connection. Cheap part (121 ohm I think). That has been known to affect the ABS. Good luck
Old September 1st, 2016, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, so this is an ongoing PROBLEM for a lot of Chevy customers even myself. I ha an 07 Chevy Equinox As I've also have this issues with my truck. I keep getting the service stabilitrack and service traction control warnings lights, but only as I'm increasing my speed or on highway. This really should be an recall!!!! Due to the large volume of complaints. WHAT IS CHEVROLET GOING TO DO TO RESOLVE THESE ISSUES......... Where spending too much money to get it fixed, well supposed to be after they ( CHEVY) Mechanics. tell us the problem!! Problems and issues aren't suppose to re-accrue once it's fixed by dealer...... WHAT IS CHEVROLET GOING TO DO!!!!
Old September 1st, 2016, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

Information I've just found out please read below and do what you feel is necessary

While General Motors has been making phenomenal strides with many of their vehicles, we consistently see one problem plaguing the GM line, affecting a number of models such as the Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Acadia, GMC Sierra, GMC Savannah, GMC Canyon, Buck Enclave, Cadillac Escalade, and Cadillac SRX. The problem stems from the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system.

We know several instances of distressed drivers who are having their TRAC, STAB, ABS light and engine lights either going on one at a time or simultaneously. If these lights appear, it generally means these important safety features are being disabled.

This issue can happen at any time with any of the GM vehicles. We are currently working on a claim involving a 2012 GMC Canyon where the StabiliTrak light has come on five times within the first 5,000 mile period. At first, the dealer said they could not duplicate the StabiliTrak problems, but after much persistence, they agreed the steering angle sensor was defective and it has been replaced. Unfortunately, the vehicle is still having problems.

Throughout the years, we have successfully resolved numerous claims involving the StabiliTrak system where clients have received repurchases, new vehicles or significant monetary compensation. If your StabiliTrak light comes on, you must get your vehicle back to a General Motors authorized dealer as soon as possible and even if they claim they cannot duplicate the problem, you want to make sure you receive a repair invoice confirming the appointment.

See the light? You need to fight for your rights. If your StabiliTrak problems result in repetitive trips to the shop, it is very important that you speak to a Lemon Law Attorney who can steer you toward recovery.
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever fix the problem? I have the same problem but cyl 3 and the traction control problems. just seeing if you ever got it fixed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control