Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nitin.sakre
Hi,

Vehicle - 2008 Chevy Equinox LT
I just switched off the vehicle and was back after 5 minutes but this time the car showed a message of STABILITRAK OFF and did not start. I tried to jump start the vehicle but this did not help at all. After that try my lights did not switch on nor had any signs of starting the vehicle. It was -30 deg C yesterday. But I regularly plug my car with the block heater and I really don't understand why this happens with this vehicle. Please help me get out of this.
Thanks,
Nitin
Welcome to the forum,
Sounds like you might have a weak battery or dead battery. If the battery is very weak, even jump starting it may not be enough to get it started. Try putting the battery on a charger and see what its charge state looks like.
Old March 29th, 2017, 2:02 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Hi.. guysI have Yukon 2007 . When the speed reach 120 km/h, the light of stabilitrak & traction control they

​​​​must service??

,u know I made rotation to the tires.. fronts tires fixed rear and rear tires become front and I did it to laminate vibration of tires at 120 km/ h because they become old
Old April 15th, 2017, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Please help me troubleshoot...

Hello, all!

So I own a 2013 Equinox LT 2.4L AWD. On my way to the store one day, my ABS began to pulsate aggressively, followed by the illumination of my traction control and ABS lights. Along with this, my information center displayed "Service Stabilitrak" and "AWD Off" warnings. After the warnings lit up, the computer bypassed the ABS and AWD, doing away with the pulsation, only to return briefly upon startup while reassessing the code, then returning to the same warnings. I pulled the code to discover a C0035 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Supply (Subfault). Armed with this new info, I purchased the speed sensor, replaced said sensor, inspected and cleaned the contact on the pigtail harness, but still...same issue. I pulled the code once again to be sure that it was not throwing a new code. Knowing the sensor wasn't the issue, barring a defective part, I returned it and purchased an OEM hub/bearing assembly. I installed this yesterday, also to no avail. Pulled the code again to be sure, and again, the same code. My thinking has brought me to a couple of conclusions as to where the problem can be, and my next logical step would be the pigtail harness that goes from the sensor plug to the EBCM. Does this seem to make sense to you all? Would that be a safe assumption, or would I be better suited spending $109/hr for diagnostic at my local mechanic shop? My only other question is where can I locate the pigtail harness I would need if following my initial plan? Everywhere I look, I'm only able to locate the speed sensor, but not the pigtail. My other hurdle has been an inundation of '05-'09 Equinox threads and parts, but next to nothing for my body style. I anxiously await reply, as my employment greatly requires my AWD capabilities!
Old May 1st, 2017, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Well, maybe a class action lawsuit will help them realize that you screw your repeat customers!
Old May 3rd, 2017, 9:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Try cleaning the throttle body.
Old May 10th, 2017, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the complete same Issues with my 2007 Chevrolet Suburban for some time now. This has recently become a driving hazard with the hard shifting while attempting to get on the freeway. Almost crashed with Children in the car.
Old May 15th, 2017, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Ive had the same problem over and over again being stranded by the side of the road

I have a 2008 Chevey Impala..I have had so many problems with it. Thousands of dollars later...I now have a reoccuring problem of Engine reducing and loosing power...engine light coming on and traction control malfunction. I have put 1,000 dollars into this and its still happening. I have been stranded 3 times. Ive seen where this problem is recalled in 2011 Chevey Impals....I dont believe its fair that this year with so many problems is not on that recall....I dont trust Chevey anymore..this is the 1st Chevey I have owned and am very sceptical to ever buy another one. I donot frrl safe in this car anymore...help!
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2011 Silverado Lt 4X4 with 90,000 miles on it. Last Friday I had the transmission, both differentials and the transfer case serviced. On Monday I was on my way home from work driving straight at about 25 MPH and I got the dreaded chime with flashing SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE STABILITRAK. I did not have a reduce engine power warning. So I continued to drive it back to the service shop and had them check the fluids. I verified with them all was good with the fluid levels. I had no hard shifting and no lack of power during the drive. I had this light once before after installing my lift kit and it was because of the connector at the front transfer case. So I then decided to shut my truck off and completely remove the connector and then reinstall it. I started it up and boom the warning were gone. So I thought okay we are good, well nope. A few days later around the 100 mile mark it happened again so I pulled the connector and put it back and all was good. Can someone tell me what is going on with this?
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Solution Chevy suburban 2007

I've had this problem 3 times .. The problem occurred for me because I have an oil leak, the oil was dripping to the spark plugs and over time it would mess the plugs up!!! Every time it has happen I just replace the spark plugs and it goes back to normal... It last for about 2 years !! I dont understand why that would make it shift like my transmission was bad or turn like I was out of power steering BT it did
Old June 2nd, 2017, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Chevy 2007 Equinox

I am having the same issue with my Chevy Equinox 2007. I will be driving and my brake gets stiff and when I take my foot of gas, it is like the car just stops. When I try and use the gas my car won't accelerate until I push down on the gas and it will jerk and take off until I have to stop again. My Service Stability tract will come on as well as my traction control turns off. I can hear cranking sound on the passenger front side. At one point, I had a burning smell and smoke coming from the front of my car. I have to pull over and turn off car for about ten minutes and it will reset itself and be fine until the next day. Took it to the dealer and he thought he fixed this issue only 4 days later, happened again. Now back at the dealers and of course my Equinox is working properly for the last 3 days. the dealer has no idea what is wrong. He said it can be my ABS system needing replacement or something else but cannot be sure and both are expensive. If anyone has any feedback please let me know.

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control