Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

high performance exhaust - any sugestions

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2013, 2:20 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high performance exhaust - any sugestions

Hey guys,

I have little project and need help to decide.

I'm about to put new high performance cat back but I'm not sure, which one.

I'm thinking about this brands:

Borla
Corsa
Magnaflow
Flowmaster

I really like sound of Corsa, but who can explain difference btw sport and touring? Official web site said no drone while crushing. Also same performance. What is the difference tho?

Thx

Last edited by vrso2; November 16th, 2013 at 8:44 AM.
Old November 16th, 2013, 2:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Corsa Touring on my 07 Tahoe, and HAD the Sport model on the same vehicle as well. The difference between the two, is supposed to be one louder than the other. The sport is louder than the Touring. They both sound great IMO. But IMO although they say their systems are drone free, there is an ultra slight drone. My ears are sensitive so I notice it, you may not noticed it at all, but the drone like I said is very small. More so in the sport than in the Touring, and I only noticed the drone when the cylinder usage switches from 8 to 4 or vice versa while cruising at a steady speed. But the quality of the systems are excellent, you really do get what you pay for with Corsa. And the customer service was excellent! Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your choice!
Old November 16th, 2013, 3:33 PM
CF Active Member

hmm, i must agree. My brother has corsa and sounds great. I did not hear any annoying drone at all in cruise speed.
Old November 17th, 2013, 4:43 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Corsa and Borla used to make the cat-back system that Chevy sold. I think Borla made it in 2007 and it sounded good on my 2007 but did have a little drone around 60-65 mph.
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

As the marketing manager at CORSA Performance I can certainly speak to our systems and the technology that makes a CORSA Performance exhaust system different from our competition.

CORSA developed RSC (Refelctive Sound Cancellation) Technology in the late 90's as a way to provide a straight-through maximum airflow/performance exhaust system that eliminates Drone and provides an aggressive sound under acceleration and at idle, while being whisper quiet at cruise. This patented technology was developed in conjunction with a NASA scientist and is exclusive to CORSA. Utilizing proprietary software and computer modeling we create an exhaust system specific to every vehicle that takes into consideration exhaust length, interior vehicle cabin volume, engine specifications and a variety of other inputs to produce our patented sound. This means every exhaust system is built, engineered and designed to the exacting specifications of that vehicle make and model.

In addition CORSA does all this exhaust design without using packing material, valving, chambers perforated tubing other other materials that can distort or inhibit airflow patterns. Our straight through designs truly allow for maximum uninhibited airflow.

Our exhaust systems carry a Lifetime Warranty to the original owner and we honor that. We still do warranties on our very first Corvette systems to this day. Lastly all of our product is designed, manufactured and developed in Berea, Ohio.

As a little side note I own the "Sport" system on a 2007 5.3L Avalanche and i absolutely love it. I have 2 children a 19 month old and a 3 month old and even though the truck has a really nice exhaust note to it they fall asleep in the back on a regular basis because there's simply no annoying Drone. I very literally pulled out of the driveway this weekend, drove 1/4 mile down the street, turned the corner and both kids were out. Gotta love the quiet at cruise promise. Oh it's "Wife Approved" too.

If you have any other questions message me.

Last edited by CorsaPerformance; December 16th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old November 16th, 2014, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014. I would like dual pipes coming out 1 side. Will your system work for this?
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

You need to check out SLP's resonator eliminator. It has stainless steel double wall tips that exit behind the passenger side rear wheel. Noticeable sound difference is approximately like the previous generation Tahoes and Suburbans.
Old November 17th, 2014, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

SLP's ????
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 suburban
SLP's ????

SLP = Street Legal Performance Performance Parts for Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, and More from SLP

http://www.slponline.com/product/310...-Assembly.html

Old November 23rd, 2014, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the SLP info. Going to order the pipe, will let you know how it works out.

Quick Reply: high performance exhaust - any sugestions