Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 7th, 2015, 7:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Homelink programing question

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2007, 11:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Homelink programing question

Here is my homelink buttons. (single triangle LED)
[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/3B4FC901B0794560BCC248CEF6E616DD.jpg[/IMG]
I used this set of instructions..[align=left]Programming Universal Home Remote[/align][align=left]Follow these steps to program up to three[/align][align=left]channels:[/align][align=left]1. Press and hold down the two outside[/align][align=left]Universal Home Remote buttons, releasing[/align][align=left]only when the Universal Home Remote[/align][align=left]indicator light begins to flash, after[/align][align=left]20 seconds. Do not hold down the buttons for[/align][align=left]longer than 30 seconds and do not repeat[/align][align=left]this step to program a second and/or[/align][align=left]third hand-held transmitter to the remaining[/align][align=left]two Universal Home Remote buttons.[/align][align=left]2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter[/align][align=left]about 1 to 3 inches (3 to 8 cm) away from the[/align][align=left]Universal Home Remote buttons while[/align][align=left]keeping the indicator light in view.[/align][align=left]3. Simultaneously press and hold both the[/align][align=left]desired Universal Home Remote button[/align][align=left]and the hand-held transmitter button. Do not[/align][align=left]release the buttons until Step 4 has been[/align][align=left]completed.[/align][align=left]Some entry gates and garage door openers[/align][align=left]may require you to substitute Step 3 with[/align][align=left]the procedure noted in "Gate Operator and[/align][align=left]Canadian Programming” later in this section.[/align][align=left]181[/align][align=left]4. The indicator light will flash slowly at first and[/align][align=left]then rapidly after Universal Home Remote[/align][align=left]successfully receives the frequency signal[/align][align=left]from the hand-held transmitter. Release both[/align][align=left]buttons.[/align][align=left]5. Press and hold the newly-trained Universal[/align][align=left]Home Remote button and observe the[/align][align=left]indicator light.[/align][align=left]If the indicator light stays on constantly,[/align][align=left]programming is complete and your device[/align][align=left]should activate when the Universal Home[/align][align=left]Remote button is pressed and released.[/align][align=left]To program the remaining two Universal Home[/align][align=left]Remote buttons, begin with Step 2 under[/align][align=left]"Programming Universal Home Remote.” Do[/align][align=left]not repeat Step 1 as this will erase all of[/align][align=left]the programmed channels.[/align][align=left]If the indicator light blinks rapidly for[/align][align=left]two seconds and then turns to a constant light,[/align][align=left]continue with Steps 6 through 8 following to[/align][align=left]complete the programming of a rolling-code[/align][align=left]equipped device, most commonly, a garage[/align][align=left]door opener.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]My owners manual was produced early (I got my Tahoe in 01/06) I looked at the on-line updated book. I've seen the other programming instructions. The pin adjustment set looks good for me but I don't have the 3 round LED homelink. Now what???[/align]

Old January 14th, 2007, 2:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts
Default RE: Homelink programing question

Are you getting the correct responses at each step?
Old September 13th, 2012, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Homelink in 2012 Suburban?

There's no little "HOME" icon near my buttons in the Suburban, and I've not been able to program the gate. My service advisor sends me homelink.com/program and I can't put in my model year for model specific instructions. Tried calling HomeLinks 800# - all I get is recordings and loops, not able to get thru to a human.
I've tried their instructions - both from online and in the manual and nothing is working!!!! Help

(I've had NO problems what so ever programming all my other cars to the gate, including my 2001 Suburban - that had the little HOME icon....)

Last edited by NanciA; September 13th, 2012 at 6:14 PM. Reason: adding info
Old September 13th, 2012, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by NanciA
There's no little "HOME" icon near my buttons in the Suburban, and I've not been able to program the gate. My service advisor sends me homelink.com/program and I can't put in my model year for model specific instructions. Tried calling HomeLinks 800# - all I get is recordings and loops, not able to get thru to a human.
I've tried their instructions - both from online and in the manual and nothing is working!!!! Help

(I've had NO problems what so ever programming all my other cars to the gate, including my 2001 Suburban - that had the little HOME icon....)
Take a picture of your homelink and post it here. Lets start there and I will try to help.
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default Homelink programing question

Many different automobiles are designed with the HomeLink transmitters installed. To use your HomeLink transmitter with your garage door or gate opener, you need to program the transmitter to work with your door.