Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How did you buy your Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2007, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you buy your Tahoe?

I am trying to figure out the best way to buy a Tahoe. How did everyone buy theres? how much of a down payment how many months finance? what are you paying monthly? thanks.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 7:33 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: How did you buy your Tahoe?

Those are pretty personal questions and you may not get a lot of responses containing the details of most folks Tahoe purchases. I am one of those folks but I will share this - I prequalified with my Credit Union and used a service they provide where an agent of the CU interviewed me and got the details of what type of vehicle I was looking for. Armed with that and the money I was approved for, they did all of the leg work. They searched the dealerships and other outlets and found several Tahoes and Yukons. They went to initiate the negotiations with the seller and brought the vehicles to their offices where I test drove them without a salesperson present. Once I settled on a vehicle, they completed the paperwork right there on the spot and I drove it home. I will never buy a vehicle any other way.

I love my no pressure 07 Tahoe LT.

Allen
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Active Member

I did just what the sign said "0-0-36" Zero Down- Zero Intrest - 36 Months... Not for the faint of heart that wants a $500 payment...
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:29 PM
CF Active Member

At minimum you want invoice pricing or less. Check the NADA website for invoice pricing including a list of all the possible options and their invoice price as well. Also make sure you check for rebates and offers that the dealership is offering. Look for dates when the rebates change. They might go up or down, but good to be aware of. I went with a longer term to get my payment down and I also put quite a bit of money down to help with the payment. I have a comfortable payment under $500 but if you plan on financing the whole thing you could be nearing the $1000 mark. Good luck!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Food stamps and soda cans that i have collected and stashed away over the last 25 years..I really dont get all of these "how did you buy" questions!!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AAHTahoe

Those are pretty personal questions and you may not get a lot of responses containing the details of most folks Tahoe purchases. I am one of those folks but I will share this - I prequalified with my Credit Union and used a service they provide where an agent of the CU interviewed me and got the details of what type of vehicle I was looking for. Armed with that and the money I was approved for, they did all of the leg work. They searched the dealerships and other outlets and found several Tahoes and Yukons. They went to initiate the negotiations with the seller and brought the vehicles to their offices where I test drove them without a salesperson present. Once I settled on a vehicle, they completed the paperwork right there on the spot and I drove it home. I will never buy a vehicle any other way.I love my no pressure 07 Tahoe LT.

Allen
Funny thats what I do for all my customers.......and I work for a GM store.....

wonder what interest rate they gave you considering GM is only 3.9....well here anyhow cant be much differnet where u are, so unless you got less or the same bad deal...good service maybe..but not a good idea...use GM financing if you can...find a good salesman and use GMAC rates next time if you can.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:43 PM
CF Pro Member

ORIGINAL: kcw002

I did just what the sign said "0-0-36" Zero Down- Zero Intrest - 36 Months... Not for the faint of heart that wants a $500 payment...
holy **** that has to be a high payment
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:49 PM
CF Pro Member

everyone is differnet some ppl are ok with 1000 payment some wnat 500 and have 10 grand to put down...weight the differences, if you can borrow money from GMAC for around 3% or less why put ****load of $$ down invest it it will get you back more then 3%, if your leasing again careful what you put down it does not change the lease end value just lowers your payment....buying, try 0% mind you 0 for only 3 years will skyrocket a payment, 0% is easy take the price add tax and divide by whatever the term.....so here a Tahoe is base at about $53000 X 13% (LOL tax is high here) is 59890 divide by 36 issssss.....1663 bucks.....WOOOHOOO.... mind you some people dont care and can handle that..

so look at your options...and going NEW dont go thru banks unless you have to GMAC finance rates are 9 times out of 10 LOWER
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
CF Beginner

Paid cash for mine on an impulse buy. Wasn't the best idea.
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
CF Active Member

Not that high... ;-)

Ikept my cashand I am getting a better return than if I was paying 3% to borrow it.... To each his own... In the past, I would buy down the payment. Now, my situation has changed andI am trying to make my money work for me... Good Luck to you!!

Quick Reply: How did you buy your Tahoe?