Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'01 Sub, Removing Tape Deck

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2008, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Sub, Removing Tape Deck

I and some friends have been using CBs to talk when we go camping. There is no cell reception, and this is a reliable form of communication. I would like to take the tape deck out and insert my CB where it is. Ive done a rough estimate, and I think my CB will fit inside of that area. Can someone tell me how to get to the tape player area to take it out?

Thanks
Old November 15th, 2008, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '01 Sub, Removing Tape Deck

Did you get this done yet? When you flip up the storage lid underneath the tape deck there are two hex head screws 8mm I believe. Take those out and you can remove the plastic molding. Then you can see that the tape deck is mounted in with some kind of snap system. Get a screw driver and slightly pry the snaps back and it should just slid right out. The hardest part is disconnecting the wires from the back. They have a snap clip on them as well so you have to squeeze and pull to get them disconnected.