Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to: Eibach pro kit install on '07 Tahoe (non-self leveling)

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2007, 6:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to: Eibach pro kit install on '07 Tahoe (non-self leveling)

ORIGINAL: biglg

dirtywork,

Did you end up going with the Eibach? I was just wondering what your opnion was? It seems in your picture you have lowered your Tahoe. I am thinking about lowering mine as well and wanted a few more opinions from 07 owners that have lowered their Tahoe.

Anyone else install other kits? Any info please guys.
Sorry to get back to you late on this. I replied to your email.

Well I got them at www.wheelwarehouse.com they are close to me and they installed it for $420.00 +/- springs and labor. They suggested Eibach 2/3 drop technically 1.8’’/2.4’’ drop. (Eibach now has it as 2/2 drop)

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...66219000018879

I really like it and don’t regret it. The ride is better now than when it was stock height with 22’s. I also added a Magnaflow Exhaust muffler and a chrome tip to compliment the aggressive stance. Hope this helps.

Here are some pictures I took of my Tahoe http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2470717there are other 07 Tahoes that are amazingly awesome on www.cardomain.com
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you very much for the info. I ordered the Eibach on Tuesday. A friend of mine and I will take on the challenge of putting them on. HOwever, they do say it is now a 2/2 drop. Sure seems like the rear is lowered more than the front. I like a slight rake, but I dont really want to stay with the drastic rake it has factory. I sure hope it lowers the rear more than the front! It seems it did on yours?

When the springs arrive, will there be 2 designated for the front, and 2 for the rear? Are they different? Or are all 4 spings the same?
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:34 PM
CF Addict

One other question dirtywork! What % tint is on your front windows?
Old January 4th, 2007, 1:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Thank you very much for the info. I ordered the Eibach on Tuesday. A friend of mine and I will take on the challenge of putting them on. HOwever, they do say it is now a 2/2 drop. Sure seems like the rear is lowered more than the front. I like a slight rake, but I dont really want to stay with the drastic rake it has factory. I sure hope it lowers the rear more than the front! It seems it did on yours?

When the springs arrive, will there be 2 designated for the front, and 2 for the rear? Are they different? Or are all 4 spings the same?
Alright! so you already ordered them, it didn't look to hard to install them.I just didn't want to bother with and wanted it dropped ASAP. I hated the stock height very bad.

I don't know why they are making them a 2/2 now. I like the height on mine, it looks even. I don't even bottom out when i go over the railroad crossings...i sometimes forget to slow down and i don't feel the bumps to harshly, but i'm sure the tahoe gets a beating but you just don't feel it inside. What size wheels are you going to run? Oh you will experiance some bouncing, but I guess that's with all lowering springs...it's not to bad.

The springs look different, the fronts and the back. You will know, by the rears being a little wider.
Old January 4th, 2007, 1:52 PM
CF Junior Member

One other question dirtywork! What % tint is on your front windows?
My installer didn't have a percentage advertised. They just had the samples and I picked the darkest one for the rears (called Limo Tint)and the next lighter one for the driver/passenger sides.

I originally had the darkest all around, but it was to dangerous to drive at night. I couldn't tell if pedestrians/bicyclists were crossing the road. Now it's cool. Police don't bother me, but every cop is different...they can stop you anytime they want. It's illegal to have any tint on the fronts here in So. California.

Best Regards!
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:17 PM
CF Addict

Dirtywork,
I wonder if the 2/2 is a different kit, or if they just determined that the TRUE measurements were 2/2? THe kit I ordered from autoanything.com was told it was a 1.8/2.4, so i hope thats what it is if they are actually 2 different kits.

As for your tint, if you went with the 2nd darkest it is probably 20%. Usually it goes 5% then 20%, some shops do have 15% though!
Old January 5th, 2007, 1:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Dirtywork,
I wonder if the 2/2 is a different kit, or if they just determined that the TRUE measurements were 2/2? THe kit I ordered from autoanything.com was told it was a 1.8/2.4, so i hope thats what it is if they are actually 2 different kits. If anyone wants to know I got the kit for 245 shipped. They gave me 10% for mentioning I was a forum member and I had just missed a new years 25 off special, so maybe that was the reason for the 10% OFF.

As for your tint, if you went with the 2nd darkest it is probably 20%. Usually it goes 5% then 20%, some shops do have 15% though!
Biglg, I think they are different kits. According to the pictures on the first page, provided by Gapp the box has the part number 38106.640 and the box i have says Part # 38107.540 I wonder what the difference is? I was toldthey were 1.8/2.4 drop

The tint shop had four shades and I picked the 3rd darkest shade for the fronts and the fourth shade for the rears. The first shade they carry looked like the stock tint on the tahoes rear windows.

When i had the springs installed they did not see them trim the bump stops in the rears. I'm just reading the installation instructions and i know for sure the blue sleaves where not put on the eibach springs, because they are still on the stock springs. The instructions say they should be put on.

Also mentions that these springs were designed for stock wheels and tires and that low profile tires and larger wheels may affect the ride quality. I like the ride with the larger wheels!

At first there was a lot of noise after the install, seemed that all the joints of the frame or body were trying to adjust to the lowering. I still hear it when the truck is parked for a few days, then it goes away after driving it. It doesn't bother me, but just letting you know so you won't freak out. lol

dirtywork
Old January 5th, 2007, 2:06 AM
CF Junior Member

According to Eibach's website the part number matches my springs...so i guess they are a 2/2 drop...confused! I'm sure they found out it was 2/2 drop after all. I thoughti read somewhere that if you trimmed the bump stop in the rears, your ride will drop a little more. Gapp do you know if this is true? I still have a pair of bump stops that were not installed. They are like twice as big as the ones on the tahoe now. I think that is why it looks lower in the back? Any thoughts on this?
Old January 5th, 2007, 1:03 PM
CF Addict

The 38106 is for autoride suspension, 38107 is for non autoride suspension!

I dont know about the bump stop, that would be for GAPP. However, if they didnt put the little blue trim on the new springs I wonder if that is why you hear a noise?

I dont want my tahoe to sound any different. You have me worried about this now. Gapp did your tahoe make more noise after the lowering kit?
Old January 5th, 2007, 1:25 PM
CF Junior Member

The 38106 is for autoride suspension, 38107 is for non autoride suspension!

I dont know about the bump stop, that would be for GAPP. However, if they didnt put the little blue trim on the new springs I wonder if that is why you hear a noise?

I dont want my tahoe to sound any different. You have me worried about this now. Gapp did your tahoe make more noise after the lowering kit?
Ah your right biglg on the Autoride w or w/o part numbers. The noise was right after the install when I started to drive, then it went away. I think it was just adjusting the lowering. I've only heard it twice, the next time I heard it was when it was sitting for a few days. I haven't heard it since. IMHO I wouldn't be worried, i'm not. I've been driving my tahoe for a couple of months and no problems whatsoever. That was just at the beginning. If someone finds out that the blue trim is really necessary and replacing the bump stops i may consider taking it back, but right now I don't have any problems at all and loving it! I just wish I had bought 24" wheels []the tahoes lookawesome.

Quick Reply: How to: Eibach pro kit install on '07 Tahoe (non-self leveling)