Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to: Eibach pro kit install on '07 Tahoe (non-self leveling)

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2007, 3:13 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How to: Eibach pro kit install on '07 Tahoe (non-self leveling)

LOL, I will let you know how it all works with 24's. I will post pics when I get it installed. However it may be a week or two. Thanks again for the information!
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the kit put on my truck about two weeks ago. Lowered it about 2" in the front and 2-1/2" in the rear. Definitely evened the stance out. does seem to ride a little rougher than before but handles better. still riding on the factory 20's. Made a huge difference in looks though!
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:43 AM
CF Addict

golfngator,

Do you have pictures of yours?? Thanks for the info.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:53 AM
CF Beginner

Was going to clean it up tomorrow and take some but looks like rain again. Looks pretty stock, white with 20% tint, polished 20's, tinted bug shield, billet front and rear emblems. I had used Eibach on some of my previous cars before and never really thought they lowered them enough so I was worried it wouldn't be enough. I was wrong. Sits low enough to definitely tell a difference but not too low for my taste. Definitely will notice a handling difference. I paid $275 for the springs and another $200 for install and alignment. Left the "blue things" off also and haven't heard a noise.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
CF Addict

Is an alignment a must if you do the new springs? A friend and I are going to do the install. He has a body shop and has installed many sets of lowering springs so I will probably just watch him work!

Oh yeah, so you dont have any unusual or different than stock sounds? That was kinda scary hearing that ther were strange sounds.
Old January 6th, 2007, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

I have always done an alignment after lowering my vehicles (Eibach reccomends it also) just to avoid uneven wear on the tires. No new sounds just a better looking truck!
Old January 6th, 2007, 1:26 PM
CF Active Member

Eibach probably changed the kit b/c of customer feedback. The original 2/3 kit made it totally level, which gives the appearance of the back being lower.

Bumpstops have nothing to do with the ride height, only used to keep the frame from hitting the axle.

You must do an alignment after you lower a vehicle, because you are changing the geometry of the suspension slightly. Uneven tire wear does happen- and fast. I lowered a 2000 Maxima and within 2 mos had to replace the tires. Expensive lesson!

I don't have any noise from the suspension after lowering.
Old January 6th, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Addict

The alignment may be an issue. Being from a small town I am not sure anyone can align a vehicle with 24's. The last time I had 22's put on I only found one place that could align 22's.

Gapp, are you still happy with your lowering kit? Would you do it again? How much different is the ride? Is a lot rougher?
Old January 6th, 2007, 1:56 PM
CF Addict

GAPP,
One other thing, I notice your Eibach box says 30106, their website says that is the autoride kit. You dont have autoride do you? Did you install the 38106 on a non autoride? If so, no issues?
Old January 6th, 2007, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Big, got some pictures of the truck today but as I am pretty much computer illiterate I can't post them yet. As soon as I figure it out I'll post them.

Quick Reply: How to: Eibach pro kit install on '07 Tahoe (non-self leveling)