Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

how to install aftermarkit remote start with push button start

Old November 6th, 2012, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to install aftermarkit remote start with push button start

hello everyone
i have purchased new remote start with passive key entrey with push button start also.
and i want to install it ot my cart chevy tahoe 2011
i need the wiring digram for the needed wires to connect with the new remote start and i need to find the location of the oem remote start for my car
i found some wires on my car like ignition and acc but i didn't found the starter wire

this is video link that explain remote start like what i purchased

Last edited by anwar4631; November 7th, 2012 at 2:13 AM.
Old November 6th, 2012, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

89 view no comment
Old November 6th, 2012, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

please i need answer
where can i find the starter wire
i install the new remote starter by myself
please i need help
thanks.
Old November 6th, 2012, 7:43 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

The 89 views are a result of you not putting a "question mark" at the end of your thread title. Everyone looks at it cuz they perceive it to be a DIY thread.

As to the starter wire, since the computer handles the start function once you twist and release the key, I'm not sure where you'd find it.

Might check Youtube for a DIY video.
Old November 6th, 2012, 7:58 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can not install it. You must buy a module/ interface. DEI is the only one that makes it as far as I know. The module must be programmed by an authorized DEI dealer as it is used for several different cars. Everything you need to tie into runs through the body control module or the pcm data lines which includes the starter. I have a 2007 Tahoe that had factory remote start. I also am friends with an installer from trick trucks, he came to my shop and did my aftermarket remote start/ alarm. There are diodes that need to be installed and so forth. If it is not done properly or you go in and start putting test light on wires you run a high risk of damaging the BCM or PCM which will be a very very expensive repair at the dealer only. If you had a old body style truck the install would be easy.

Last edited by MDTAHOE; November 6th, 2012 at 8:02 PM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 2:09 AM
CF Beginner

thanks alot
Old March 3rd, 2021, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
You can not install it. You must buy a module/ interface. DEI is the only one that makes it as far as I know. The module must be programmed by an authorized DEI dealer as it is used for several different cars. Everything you need to tie into runs through the body control module or the pcm data lines which includes the starter. I have a 2007 Tahoe that had factory remote start. I also am friends with an installer from trick trucks, he came to my shop and did my aftermarket remote start/ alarm. There are diodes that need to be installed and so forth. If it is not done properly or you go in and start putting test light on wires you run a high risk of damaging the BCM or PCM which will be a very very expensive repair at the dealer only. If you had a old body style truck the install would be easy.

Well I have A 2001 chevy tahoe lt and can't find a diagram so I can match up the the 6 wires to install this keyless Entry & push start system plz HELP
Old March 4th, 2021, 11:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 264 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony Bell
Well I have A 2001 chevy tahoe lt and can't find a diagram so I can match up the the 6 wires to install this keyless Entry & push start system plz HELP
There’s no way to know which wires you’re asking for unless you provide info on the remote start you have. Even the 2001 models have security systems that need to be bypassed or integrated to install a remote start.

I don’t have a lot of experience with aftermarket remote start systems, but the ones I have seen at least had a wiring diagram for their system and at least some kind of resource such as a website or printed diagrams included.
Old March 5th, 2021, 7:58 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

The pushbutton hack is not worth the aggravation of putting it in or down the road when it screws up just for some coolness.
Spend the money on changing trans fluid or some other maintenance.
Old May 18th, 2021, 4:42 AM
CF Beginner

Climate control is an important device for hot and cold countries. I live in the northern part of Europe and winter conditions are different. Seasonal change of fluids is a mandatory step in my case, and the upgrade of the autonomous heating must be timely.