Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to install OEM Nav on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2012, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add ons for the Flyaduio unit

For my 2013 Tahoe:
This adaptor can be purchased from Amazon for $2, which will allow you to connect your factory USB cable to the Flyaudio USB connection, to use the console USB media connection.
Amazon.com: USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-5 Female Adapter, Manhattan 308366: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-5 Female Adapter, Manhattan 308366: Computers & Accessories

This $20 32GB micro USB drive will plug into your console connection and you will not even notice it there. Now you can run all your music from the Flyaudio DVD/USB function.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers & Accessories

Last edited by simsd; December 4th, 2012 at 8:17 AM.
Old February 20th, 2013, 1:06 AM
CF Beginner

Yes I have a friend with the same adaptor that simsd is talking about. It works great.
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

"i have a 2007 chevy tahoe with a bose system and im trying to install a
gm 25966513 dvd navigation radio, the problem that im having is that when i plug everything in, the display does not turn on, but there is a fan inside that is always running. Ple..."
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

kind of a different question but i just installed Rosen screens in my 07 Tahoe and im having trouble finding where to wire the power/ground wires. Anybody out there do this install before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are there any pics of which wires to tap into?
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 Bluetooth Question

I just purchased a 2009 Tahoe LT2 with bluetooth. I have also ordered an unlocked Nav unit from a 2007 Tahoe that I plan to install. I have read on here that only the 2009 nav units are compatible with bluetooth. However, other posters have indicated that their bluetooth worked with 2007 units and that the bluetooth is not a part of the nav unit.

What bluetooth features will I not have access to using a 2007 nav unit in a 2009 bluetooth enabled Tahoe?
Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be all set. I don't think you'll have any feature limitations. Just make sure you connect the VSS wire when you install the Nav unit.
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:11 AM
CF Junior Member

My DVD/CD Deck is starting to get Optical Errors. I have a 2008 Suburban, and I'm looking at the following deck:
Eonon M1 with Miracast| Car GPS | Car DVD GPS | 2 Din Car GPS DVD | In Car DVD | Best Car GPS

It has a DVD player and support for multimedia connectivity to Smartphones using DLNA, Miracast, USB inputs, etc.

DLNA lets you share media from your phone(MP3, movies, pics) and Miracast is direct reflection of your screen, so you can play Netflix, Youtube, and Google Maps right off the phone. It has plenty of outputs for the rear monitor.

My only concern are turn signal noises and hooking up to the existing speaker system.

Anybody have aftermarket stereos in their burbs?
Old January 16th, 2014, 3:51 AM
CF Junior Member

One good stuff to maintain all the functions and functionality of your sound system when installing an aftermarket sound is to install a replacement interface. Here is the link of the interface I have installed in my 2003 Suburban: Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future
Old April 3rd, 2016, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

I'd like to add that you will need to erase the vin out of new radio " unlock" to do this you will need tech 2 or launch idiag Scantool (which is on eBay for 60 bucks or so plus 66$ Chevy software purchase)
Instructions
Tech 2: (note this will not work with tech2win)

( I know your truck is Tahoe or suburban just bear with me)

Select entertainment and then radio

Select setup module

Select learn vin

Shut key off for 30 seconds and try it should be unlocked

Launch instructions:
Select radio
Select setup module
Select learn vin
Shut key off for 30 seconds then try it

Hope this helps , the fact to remember is it blanks out vin and when you cycle the key it will learn the new vin
Old August 15th, 2016, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

We installed an OEM navigation from a Chevy truck into our Suburban. Everything is working fine except the when using NAVI it is not redirecting if we make a wrong turn OR speaking to us for the turn by turns. It does however say " please proceed to the highlighted route" but that is the last thing it says. Any insight as to what we have missed? We took it back to the Chevrolet who unlocked the radio for us and programmed it to our suburban and he had no idea.