Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HVAC problem 05 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2010, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC problem 05 Suburban

I have seen a couple posts about this problem before and some of simple checks and fixes for it. I have an 05 Suburban with dual climate control(automatic, not manual). The problem is the pass. side will blow warm air and the drivers side will blow cold. This happens when the A/C is on and I can hear noises in the dash, groaning and thunking. It's not the clicking noise associated with stripped gears. I have tried removing the fuse to reset the system, that just switched the problem to the opposite side. I also had the computer reflashed, worked great for a day. I also removed the lower center actuator and took it apart, visually it looks fine. My question is, what is causing the problem, an actuator or the climate control module? if it is a actuator which one is it? where are they located and if it's the control module where is it located?...I believe it had trouble code B0229.