Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Remote Trouble

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2011, 12:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Remote Trouble

I just purchased a 2007 Tahoe LT3 today! YAY me! Anyway, I am confused about my remote. I can press the unlock all day long, but unless I use the key to unlock the door, the remote WILL.NOT.WORK. Once I use the key to unlock, it'll lock/unlock/crank all day long via the remote.

What's up with that? The dealer gave us two keys/remotes, do I have the bum one or am I doing something wrong? Battery low? Thoughts?

Also, how do I control the rear a/c from the front? I have two small kids, neither of which can operate the a/c controls from their child restraints. Do I have to reach behind me to adjust?

Anything else I need to have the dealer check besides the cracked dash? I asked them about it and he acted like he was very familiar with the issue and told me it would be no problem to replace and he did not mention a cost. I am going to call him tomorrow to double check that and make sure they're not going to spring a fee on us for that.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Someone...anyone?

Any thoughts?
Old October 5th, 2011, 6:23 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
If you are already taking it into the dealer for the dash, I would ask about the remote it may be a programming issue... and its always a good idea to replace batteries of an unknown quality...its a shot gun approach but disconnecting the vehicle battery for a few minutes may also reset the receiver and get things working correctly...
Old October 6th, 2011, 1:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for the reply! As for my Tahoe, it's at the dealership right now, and they're scratching their heads too! I did find a little service bulletin thingy at this forum that I'm going to print and take to them to see if that helps.

Hopefully they get it all fixed up for me soon, I want my truck back already!
Old October 10th, 2011, 1:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> GeorgiaCPST,
Congrats on your new purchase! Let us know how it goes at the dealership and what they say when you get your vehicle back! I am curious as to what they find!
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 21st, 2012, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

I have tahoe 2007 ,the remote cont. Wont unlock unless unlock by key ?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 9:34 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Does the remote lock the doors? If not, probably needs a new battery.
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BAHAMAG
I have tahoe 2007 ,the remote cont. Wont unlock unless unlock by key ?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> BAHAMAG,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I agree with "73shark", it may be as simple as a battery change. They may need to be reprogrammed too. Would you please clarify the issue…does it work at all?

Louis
GM Customer Service