Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

intermitting electrical problem 2007 suburban

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2014, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermitting electrical problem 2007 suburban

Have this problem and sometimes car will not crank and to reset car if you open and close passenger front door and lock and unlock passenger front door, that will reenergize the system. Get dtc fault code found in history
B1395
Any suggestions on repairing this intermitting electrical problem?
Old August 25th, 2014, 7:27 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Given that the door electronics seem to be at the center of making it work or not and that b1395 dtc has something to do with power Door Memory Lock Relay Circuit Short To Ground, control Module Voltage Reference Output 1 Circuit Low Voltage, Device Ignition 1 (ON and START) Circuit Short to Ground or Open depending on how you look it up, I would first check the wire harness that passed from the body into the door for any shorts or pinched wires, then consider opening up the door and checking for shorts, if nothing found start working your way back...
Old August 28th, 2014, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Findings

On the Right front passenger door I removed the door lock unlock / window control. Comes out easy gently pry upward to remove. The main power plug in for the control forward, cannon plug I removed that and found discoloration on the pin for the black wire. Applied dielelectric grease and tightened connector. Will test and see if this fixed the intermitting electrical issue. This problem I've been having causes no crank and only certain power controls work which include no radio, no crank, no window controls on any door and what I found is that when I lock and unlock this right front door it would reenergize the system. Found in history dtc code B1395.
Hope this helps others with this problem.