Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

iphone 3gs + 2009 Tahoe

Old May 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default iphone 3gs + 2009 Tahoe

I have a 09 Tahoe and Iphone 3GS OS 3.1.3

The dash displays the incoming phone number correctly 2% of the time.

Should I complain to GM? Cust Service? Does anyone elses's work with the iphone 3gs?

It worked fine w/my old iphone, but not this one (which at this point is a year old) and I'm tired of it not working right.
Old May 21st, 2010, 2:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I've got a website for you (I know this isn't exactly a fix but I think it does help). http://www.gm.com/vc/bluetooth/index...t&landing=true . This site is the site we use to determine wether or not your vehicle can be paired up with your phone. Which I checked and the only thing your phone cannot do with our system in your vehicle is automatic phone answering. I would suggest you check the site as well and then speak with your local dealership to see if there isn't something wrong with your bluetooth system. I hope some of this info helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 24th, 2010, 7:08 AM
CF Addict

Default yes

I have the iphone 3gs, and according to the web site everything works. Time to call the dealer I guess...

But, since I have you, why doesn't the dash show the NAME of the caller?! bluetooth supports this, the iphone supports this. Showing me the number on the dash is so 1940. I don't know the NUMBER of ANYONE who calls me. I have 100+ people in my phone's address book. it should just pull that (like the ahhhhem Sync) from the phone...

(show the name if it's in the phone's address book, else show number).

Goes in Thursday due to my busy schedule... we shall see what happens! My friend's 2010 camero w/an iphone 3g works 100%...

the iphone 4 (or whatever) comes out next month... hope it works w/that!

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; May 24th, 2010 at 9:11 AM.
Old June 8th, 2010, 1:28 PM
CF Addict

Default iphone 4

with the release of iphone OS 4 I will be installing that on the 22nd and see what happens... and report back...

Search this Thread