Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lock up torque converter.

Old June 27th, 2016, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock up torque converter.

I have a 1994 Chevy Suburban SE Wagon K2500, 350 TBI with throttle body spacer. K&N FIPK cold air intake, 4L80E transmission with overdrive NP241C transfer case. 4:88 gear ratio with Eaton electric lockers. 37X14.50X17 Toyo Open Country MT tires. Does anyone know what lock up converter I can use? What is the lowest stall I can use?
Old June 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are tricky and the proper type has many parameters that need to be figured into it. They include but not limited to, gearing, vehicle weight, engine torque curve, use, etc.
B&M has been doing RV TQ converters for along time and there are several other name brand companies that do the same.
Whatever you do get a good one. A bad one or one that is not designed for your set-up will destroy the way your truck drives and very possibly ruin your transmission.
I learned from experience and destroyed a transmission because it was the wrong stall. I did not know the exact weight of my roadrunner and used a 9 inch 3200 stall convertor. It stalled a 4500 rpm and my pressures in my trans were not set up for it.

Search this Thread