Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lowered 07 Tahoe ( Rough Ride ) ??

Old August 11th, 2007, 10:26 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lowered 07 Tahoe ( Rough Ride ) ??

Not sure if its too late to respond. I couldnt get past that the rear looked lower than the front. I decided to buy airbags that goes inside the rear springs. The install is super easy and I can now controll the height of the rear and it also makes the ride smoother. If you are interested I will look to see who the air bags are made by. The cost less than 100$.
Old August 13th, 2007, 9:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is interesting. I didn't know the rear bags were possible... Who are they made by?
Old August 13th, 2007, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

i am running the same setup. i went with air-ride rear assist bags that are a 35lb max bag. around a $100 and you can control the height of the back end of your tahoe with ease. i actually found the biggest benefit when i hook up the boat and the rear end drops down. i fill up about 20lb of air to level the tahoe out and i'm off! works great and the ride is nice and smooooth!
Old August 15th, 2007, 8:55 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this link. Hope it works.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/4108CT.html
Old August 24th, 2007, 8:39 AM
CF Junior Member

OP, did you trim the rear bumpstops when you did the install?
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: projekt4

i am running the same setup. i went with air-ride rear assist bags that are a 35lb max bag. around a $100 and you can control the height of the back end of your tahoe with ease. i actually found the biggest benefit when i hook up the boat and the rear end drops down. i fill up about 20lb of air to level the tahoe out and i'm off! works great and the ride is nice and smooooth!

Since you installed this, has it eliminated the excess bouncing in the rear end from lowering it? Would you say it gives ith that stock feel or better?
Old August 29th, 2007, 6:30 PM
CF Active Member

Make sure your shock mounts are tight. If they are loose your rear end will bounce more than it should. I had to keep tightening mine until it stopped.

Biggmon
Old August 31st, 2007, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

I'll throw my .02 into the ring, yes ours did ride rougher at first, so much so that I thought we had the wrong rear springs. Four months later we love it, it rides perfect for us now. If you go to larger wheels and tires at the stock height it seems to "hunt" when you are driving down older or rougher freeways, lowering cured that completely.
Old October 27th, 2008, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

My new 07 Tahoe lowered 2/3, with 24's runs great on the highway as well...but when you hit a small bump or pothole...the truck will hop. The truck looks nice with the wheels, but the ride was so bad, had to pick up a pair of stock 20" wheels and that helped out alot. This did help, but does anyone know of a lowering kit that does not make the tahoe ride so rough over small bumps? Do the airbags really help the ride?
Pic....
Old August 6th, 2014, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 Tahoe LT going in the shop Monday....

Hey guys whats up? I just got the Belltech 2" front 3/4" back lowering kit for my 08 Tahoe LT. Kit comes with Street Performance shocks, coils and drop spindles. Tahoe goes in the shop Monday. After much research and many phone calls the guy from alignment shop said "Belltech is the only way to lower a truck, Ive done hundreds of these and Belltech is the best". I'm trying to put up a "before" picture but it says my file is invalid?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowered 07 Tahoe ( Rough Ride ) ??