Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LT AND LTZ Differences

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT AND LTZ Differences

I am in the market for a 2007 Tahoe and would like to know the differences between the LT and the LTZ. Thanks.
Old November 7th, 2006, 1:12 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts
Default RE: LT AND LTZ Differences

Look in the back of the sales brochure. It shows a matrix of all of the standard and optional features on all of the trim levels.
Old November 7th, 2006, 1:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

remember there are 3 LTs. LT1, LT2, LT3. Then the LTZ adds the last "standard features.

Each one adds a few features to the level below it. "matrix" at back should make it clear. Just read the new version fo the brouchure tonight. Mine from Jan was very outdated.
Old November 7th, 2006, 9:54 AM
CF Active Member

This explains it all.... Tahoe Features
Old November 7th, 2006, 6:03 PM
CF Junior Member

The LTZ has everything and is a step below an Escalade.
Old November 7th, 2006, 9:41 PM
Administrator

Since I'm a monochromatic guy, glad I got my LTZ back in May. I see you can't get body color door handles or mirror caps now.
Old November 7th, 2006, 9:59 PM
CF Veteran

If I were building now i would get the LT3 and add anything above it I wanted. There isn't a whole lot left above that. I like the color coded doors and mirrors too. Although the grille is nice and most of us want the center compartment (wood covered).
Old November 8th, 2006, 1:50 AM
Administrator

I'm pretty sure the wood (?) covered cup holders and compartment will be available (maybe already already are) thru parts.
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

The Autoride suspension is the one feature you can only get with the LTZ. Below is my 10/30/06 post on the subject.

I've had my LTZ for four months. I didn't buy the LTZ for the Autoride - my particular vehicle just happened to have all the features I wanted. However, after driving a loaner LT (without Autoride, of course) while mine was having some work done, I noticed a big difference. For a vehicle of this size and weight, the Autoride really does help smooth out the bumps and dips in the road. Some people may think it's a gimmick, but I'm definitely glad I went with the LTZ.
Old November 8th, 2006, 2:13 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: tahoedave

The Autoride suspension is the one feature you can only get with the LTZ. Below is my 10/30/06 post on the subject.

I've had my LTZ for four months. I didn't buy the LTZ for the Autoride - my particular vehicle just happened to have all the features I wanted. However, after driving a loaner LT (without Autoride, of course) while mine was having some work done, I noticed a big difference. For a vehicle of this size and weight, the Autoride really does help smooth out the bumps and dips in the road. Some people may think it's a gimmick, but I'm definitely glad I went with the LTZ.
I disagree with the comment above. If you read around on this forum there are some posts about the autoride suspension by ZX/Dave. He is the most knowledable peson on the forum. He said that the autoride feature isnt much better. I dont recall all the examples and reasons however he knows what he is talking about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT AND LTZ Differences