Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LT AND LTZ Differences

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2006, 2:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LT AND LTZ Differences

I found the post from ZX about the suspensions. This is again from ZX the master of GM knowledge!

"It really is personal preference; an LT3 Pkg Tahoe can be equipped with all the same features and options offered on the LTZ with the exception of the chrome ornaments now being shipped on the “LTZ Plus pkg ” Tahoe’s and Autoride.

Another note is that GM heavily markets the rear air-assist self leveling capability of Autoride but the standard premium smooth ride rear suspension also has load leveling capability using hydraulic valving within the rear shocks to adjust ride height as you drive.

The new suspensions on these Tahoe’s ride so nicely for 07 that most people notice very little difference between the two suspensions during normal use however, if you drive aggressively or work your truck hard then the Autoride provides and extra margin of performance and comfort. "
Old November 8th, 2006, 2:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I said this in the other thread as well, I love the way my tahoe rides/drives and I have the autoride. If I had to do it again I would definitely get it.
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is hilarious. Biglg says he disagrees with my comment that I noticed a difference between the LT without Autoride suspension and the LTZ with Autoride and that I am happy that I purchased the LTZ. How is it possible to disagree with my personal preference? If you've got a little hero worship issue going on over "ZX the master of GM knowledge" that's your business, but maybe you should reserve your opinions for matters of which you actually have personal knowledge. Even the quote you post from ZX states, It really is personal preference..."
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think everyone on this site, myself included, are idiots. This is a place for people to post stuff about Chevy cars and trucks. I think I'm going to start a new forum for people who feel they need to bitch about other people on the forums. Maybe I'll call it idiotposts.com!
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:19 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: tahoedave

This is hilarious. Biglg says he disagrees with my comment that I noticed a difference between the LT without Autoride suspension and the LTZ with Autoride and that I am happy that I purchased the LTZ. How is it possible to disagree with my personal preference? If you've got a little hero worship issue going on over "ZX the master of GM knowledge" that's your business, but maybe you should reserve your opinions for matters of which you actually have personal knowledge. Even the quote you post from ZX states, It really is personal preference..."
Where did my comment say it wasnt personal preference and that if you get Autoride you will be executed?????? Exactly, it is your opinion you would get the autoride. In my opinion they ride fine without it. I simply was providing information for an interested tahoe customer. The information I posted is a comment from a GM emploee. I also made the comment about ZX because some of you are new and might not knwo who ZX is. His advice can be relied on, and that was my point! So take it as you wish, but the information was intended for the interested party.

SO FOR MY OPINION FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IS THAT THE TAHOE RIDES GREAT WITHOUT THE AUTORIDE!
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

What I took exception with was that you said, "I disagree with the comment above." "The comment above" was simply my opinion based on my experience driving both an LT loaner car and the LTZ that I purchased. It's no better or worse than your opinion, but I hardly think it's something you can either agree or disagree with. Second, your disagreement apparently stems from someone else's experience ("ZX the master") and not your own.

And jasonw75, far be it from me, of course, to criticize such an important "Super Member" such as yourself, but where do you get off calling anyone but yourself an idiot? I was simply posting my opinion, one that happened to agree with yours. If people like you are trolling about looking to rip on new members, maybe I'll refrain from seeking any advice here or providing opinions to other inquiring members.
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:43 PM
CF Addict

Is is simple Dave. MY OPINION WAS I DISAGREED WITH YOUR COMMENT! Your opinion and my opinion are different, therefore i can state "I DISAGREE WITH THIS". I wouldnt get the autoride for the difference in money. They ride find with the premium suspension. End of subject!

Secondly reread what Jason said. Make sure to read before your fingers get to typing what the pea sized thing is thinking.
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:49 PM
CF Junior Member

You can get a much better deal for an LT3 with all options than an LTZ with all the options. You won't get the autoride or the heated rear seats...I believe. From what I hear, the heated rear seats are only the bottom of the seat and not the back like in the front. The Tahoes ride so well anyway, so I wouldn't waste more money on a feature you don't necessarialy need.

Bottom Line - Go look at both models. Decide what you want, what you need, and ultimatly what the dealer has on their lot. Before we got ours, I built mine off of edmunds.com, priced it out, and then went to the dealer to see what they had. We looked at several LTZ's but they only had an LT3 with all of the options I wanted plus the extra $2k off at the time. Good Luck!
Old November 8th, 2006, 3:55 PM
CF Addict

Not to start anything, but the LT3 does come with heated & memory front seats and heated 2nd's are an option. Sorry texas wasnt trying to step on your toes!

By the way texas, I agree about gettng the LT model vs. the LTZ. The Z "emblem" was a heck of a lot cheaper than the LTZ package, .
Old November 9th, 2006, 2:03 AM
CF Active Member

hey jason, does being a member of CF get us automatic membership renewal for life @ idiotposts.com? or were u just pullin' on something?

Quick Reply: LT AND LTZ Differences