Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LT vs LTZ??? Which one should I go with??

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2008, 8:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LT vs LTZ??? Which one should I go with??

Even though there are undoubtedly better aftermarket navs and gps' out there, there's something to be said for getting everything stock. Example, when my heater or A/C is on at a decent fan speed and I hit the OnStar button, the fan speed automatically decreases so I can hear over the speakers! Pretty cool! Now, an aftermarket system may hook up the same way and do that, but that's just an example of the handshaking that goes on between components in a fully stocked vehicle from the factory.

Just my thoughts. Of course, there are those who don't care about that fancy stuff - they just want the best gps or nav on the market (or stereo) and would rather go aftermarket to get it.
Old January 18th, 2008, 4:32 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with biglg.I believe myLT3 came with a "convienence package" with most of the options you all mentioned....power remote liftgate, heated washer fluid, Rainsense wipers, locking rear axle, second row power release seats, & third row seat.
Old January 18th, 2008, 9:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: oniscus

how aboutfactory order one, to the specs u like, thats what i did with my burb, got a list of the stuff i need, they couldnt find one so they factory ordered one. cheaper that way plus u got all the things u want.
IT's never cheaper ordering one...why, because the dealer isn't moving inventory. Bigger discount always on a vehicle that is on the lot....
Old January 19th, 2008, 2:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get all 4 of your main wants with the LT3 with added options. The Autoride is the only big thing that is not available on non ltz models. I have riden in both autoride and nonautoride and the difference is small in my opinion. I would get the LT3
Old January 19th, 2008, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

The Z71 I just purchased has the 3LT package with all the power and additional options. The ONLY thing it lacks is the autoride of course, the Nav, and the heated rear seats. Everything else is there. I just can't see paying the extra money for the Nav. I would rather have something that I can take from vehicle to vehicle. I do think it looks sweet in there though!
Old January 19th, 2008, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

What exactly is autoride?? Thsi is not the same thing as cruise control right???
Old January 19th, 2008, 8:57 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Autoride consists of bistate variable shocks and rear air-assisted load leveling which includes automatic air level control.

I notice it more on rough roads and speed bumps.
Old January 20th, 2008, 1:36 PM
CF Active Member

Thanks Shark... I was coming at it only from looking at used vehicles for about 3 weeks... Never seen anything official on it... Thanks for the facts..
Old January 20th, 2008, 4:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey Sooner... Welcome

I have a LT3 (dude) and It's got everything but the 2nd row heated seats that are available on the LTZ. By chance I ended up with an LT3 because the dealer didn't have a white LTZ on the lot and I got a great deal on an in stock model. I intended all along to put a level kit and larger tires on any ride I picked up and found out after I got the LT3 that it's a good thing I did. A friend of mine got the LTZ and he couldn't fit the same size tires I went with (even w/ the fender flares the inner fenders are smaller). Don't know if that makes a diff to you but I'm happy w/ my '3. Realy feel you won't go wrong either way but it comes down to the bottom line I suppose!

Good luck w/ your purchase
Old January 20th, 2008, 4:15 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

ORIGINAL: paradisepatiosAZ
A friend of mine got the LTZ and he couldn't fit the same size tires I went with (even w/ the fender flares the inner fenders are smaller).
Did you mean Z71? LTZ don't have flares.