Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Manual to Auto Dual Climate control

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2007, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Manual to Auto Dual Climate control

Thanks for your feedback guys.

ZX1100F1, I got my 07 Yukon for 30k brand new 2 weeks ago. Did not have much choice in color and my budget was in the upper 20s.Ichose the Yukon over the highlander, Explorer/Expedition, & Armada which were wellabove $30k (no 07 Tahoes left in that price range). The only thing I'm missing is the Nav, which I'm planning to install OEM and withthe lockpick from coastaltech.com to allow an easy install of front & back-up camera. While taking the radio out, i realized that the connection for the manual climate control looked the same and automatic one sell for $50. If it was an easy swap, it would have made my puchase perfect. So for less than 32k,I will have a new 07 Yukon, with Nav, front and backup cams.
Old November 29th, 2007, 3:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Manual to Auto Dual Climate control

I don't blame you a bit.
Old March 16th, 2017, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default To ZX

Hi, I'm new to this forum so bare with me if I'm asking my question in the wrong fashion. I have a 2013 silverado LT with the factory digital climate control along with the factory traditional radio/CD player and I absolutely hate the digital climate control. I asked several dealers if I could convert my climate control to the manual **** style and they told me no the wiring harness is differrnt along with the plugs. I was wondering if there's a way to make this work? Maybe some type of adapter for the plug or change the wiring harness? I just bought the truck a year ago so I don't wanna trade it in already lol. It also has the heated mirror feature which I looked up a manual control and some of them have that feature on the **** as well. I guess in my head I can see this working as long as I know what route to take. Any recommendations?
Old March 16th, 2017, 9:58 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

ZX is not on the forum any more.

Since the GMT900 uses a CAN buss, it would be very difficult and very expensive to do what you want to do. Even when you start the engine, the computer actually starts it.
Old March 17th, 2017, 4:17 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

ZX is not on the forum any more.

Since the GMT900 uses a CAN buss, it would be very difficult and very expensive to do what you want to do. Even when you start the engine, the computer actually starts it.
man that sucks to hear that but I guess it is what it is. I wish they'd stop making everything so complex and go back to the days where everything could be interchanged lol. Anyway thanks for your help!
Old July 25th, 2020, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

So.....sorry I don't want to read through everything so I'll ask my specific question... I have a '04 2500 6.0.. with the auto climate crap..the control units keep crapping out on me so I'm wondering if I can switch it to the manual style?