Misfire code cylinder 6 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Misfire code cylinder 6

Westchester, NY

February 11th, 2011, 2:41 PM   #1  
CF Beginner
Misfire code cylinder 6

Within the last month and half i have been getting a check engine light on becasue of a misfire on cylinder 6. The code is P0306.

I ended up changing a few things. I went with the Taylor 82605 8.2MM spark plug wires. Spark plugs were autolite XP5245 and new acdelco ignition coil pack.

I did the plugs first about three months before i was getting the check engine light. Everything was fine then the misfire came up. Thats when i started troubleshooting. I then did the wires gave it a week and the light went off but Bang back on. I then went with the new ignition coil light goes off the next day a week later bang its on. I noticed its very cold around 10 degrees when the light comes on.

Now keep in mind if the light wouldnt have come on i wouldnt have been able to tell there was a misfire. The truck runs great no matter how cold or hot it is. I also ran seafoam through brake booster to see if that would help it. Once again i can only tell tha the light comes on when its cold but the trcuk no matter what runs smooth and great.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KC, MO area

February 11th, 2011, 5:53 PM   #2  
Administrator
Might try switching plug #6 w/ another one and see if the problem either goes w/ the plug or stays w/ the cylinder or goes away altogether.

Westchester, NY

February 12th, 2011, 8:02 AM   #3  
CF Beginner
I already did that. I switched plug 6 with plug 4 and also the wire and same issue. I think it's the autolite plugs. I'm going back to acdelco.

Last edited by Vinniety; February 13th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors