Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

My 2002 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2014, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2002 CHEVY Tahoe

I am asking for insights on what need to be fixed.. My truck is making a metal noise only when driven from the passenger side.. and on bumpy roads..In the rain I hear nothing at all. It sounds like spoons being dropped.. I got a new wheel hub and breaks but the noise is still there and being a woman Idk but I want it fixed.. anyone experience that on there suv? Any suggestions because I'm drove from this noise speaking of this is all I have... I been googling to try and figure it out.

Last edited by camdes; April 17th, 2014 at 9:10 AM.
Old April 17th, 2014, 2:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default noise

is it louder around turns? I believe Tahoes use CV joints/shafts in the front.

can you safely lift that wheel off the ground and turn it by hand and replicate the noise?
Old April 23rd, 2014, 5:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it happens on bumps , you might have an A frame bushing going out, take it to a shop they should just be able to raise the vehicle and chk that real quick. ask if they charge $ for that, some will, and some will not, depends on them. That way you will not be shocked if they go to ask for money. but it sounds like it would be worth checking it out A frame / control arm bushings can and will make a clunck metal noise when driving and more pronounced when hitting a pot hole per say.
Old April 24th, 2014, 6:50 AM
CF Beginner

I will get that checked by a new shop. I was told it was the control arm and Bush joints and got it replaced. That was not it so it was a part added.
The noise last the whole time on bumpy roads. It's not hard to turn. I bounced it with the hood up and hear it squeak and when someone gets out it squeaks. So your advice is great another shop to visit and I will ask them to Check that part you mentioned.
Old April 24th, 2014, 9:41 AM
CF Active Member

The sway bar bushing is often overlooked. That could rattle. I've had lots of squeaks from bushings both new and old.