Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'92 Suburban instrument panel switches?

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '92 Suburban instrument panel switches?

Hi
A couple of days ago I bought a '92 k1500 Suburban (Silverado package), and am having trouble identifying a couple of switches on the instrument panel. There are pictures in my album, but I guess that since I am new, I can't add pictures to my posts yet.

On the left side of the instrument panel, under the headlight switch, I have a spring loaded switch that can be pushed to the right, with a rocker switch to the right of that switch. Does anyone know what those two bottom switches do?

Also, on the right side of the instrument panel, under the AC/Heater controls, there is a green rocker switch on the left, and a small red light on the right.

I hope someone can tell me what these are for. They don't appear to do anything when messed with.

Thank you!
Old March 5th, 2012, 3:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona
Hi
A couple of days ago I bought a '92 k1500 Suburban (Silverado package), and am having trouble identifying a couple of switches on the instrument panel. There are pictures in my album, but I guess that since I am new, I can't add pictures to my posts yet.

On the left side of the instrument panel, under the headlight switch, I have a spring loaded switch that can be pushed to the right, with a rocker switch to the right of that switch. Does anyone know what those two bottom switches do?

Also, on the right side of the instrument panel, under the AC/Heater controls, there is a green rocker switch on the left, and a small red light on the right.

I hope someone can tell me what these are for. They don't appear to do anything when messed with.

Thank you!
well what they are would depend on what whoever put the switches in put them in for... could be to run a electric fan, aux lights, any number of things...

your best bet would be to trace the wires...

:chug:
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like someone added them there might not be stock. if you can take a pic and email them to me i could help i had one of these truck a couple of years ago and it was load with every option.

PM and ill send you my email.
Old March 6th, 2012, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

There are 2 pictures in my profile that I took of the switches.
Old March 6th, 2012, 8:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the ones under the hvac are def add ons. the red light is prolly a alarm warning light, the switch is prolly for lights or a fan or something...

now the ones under the headlight switch, well I'm not too sure on those. they almost look like they could be stock, but I suppose a properly motivated person would be able to make it look that way.

I'd trace the wires.

:chug:
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

the ones on the left side by the head light switch maybe a heated mirror or a fog lights. best thing to do is trace the wires from each switch. there a stock switch but they could be a dealer add on switch. like you can buy the switch kit from the dealer and add them yourself. the one that looks like a monentary switch could be a rear defoger for the rear glass on the back doors or hatch. the other looks like my old trucks I added a dealer fog light kit added on where it hooks up in the stock location on the fuse box. hope that helps.

the green switch is a def a add on by the old owners the red round light is a DEI alarm (viper, python,like them) light there the only company that uses that red light for that style. it had a alarm at one time trace that back and make sure that its not hooked up if it is remove it.

Last edited by 66impala4dr; March 6th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Sweet! Thanks for the help!
Old January 11th, 2013, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2003 Chevy Trailblazer

The selector switch for the headlights does not light up on the panel at night. I would think it should. Does anyone know if it does and if it would be a fuse or do I have to replace the switch?