Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Nav Disc update DVD v.4.1c

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2010, 4:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacTahoe
I received and installed my free Nav disc update from Chevy. today (Map data version 4.1c) for my '07 LTZ factory NAV For the first time this particular disc contained a firmware (software) update as well. No big deal here, it only took about five minutes to load and then rebooted the whole unit when done.
I first noticed that the font on the digital clock was larger, that's a plus. When I shifted to reverse to back out of my garage it lit up my reverse camera way faster then before, meaning not any lag time, that's a plus definitely. HOWEVER when I went to play with
the navigation itself ALL MY FRIGGIN address book entries were FRIGGIN GONE. The entire address book was empty. even "previous destinations" were erased.
I made it through the last two DVD updates without this happening so a full two years of destinations are completely GONE.. I am reasonably certain that there is no way to recover these as they were stored in the firmware ROM chip that just got flashed. If I am wrong please post accordingly. My beef is that there should have been a warning about this on the DVD sleeve and I could have copied down the important destinations onto PAPER if I had to. Thanks for reading my Whine MacTahoe
From where and how did you get your disc? I need one for my 2005 Suburban LT
Old October 2nd, 2010, 4:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cannot get that data back. And you're right, there should be a warning letting you know that your data will be erased, as well as giving you a "cancel" option so you can copy that data down. As with any firmware upgrade it is always smart to do that on your own anyway. I personally won't upgrade any electronics without doing a back up, or in this case writing it all down before starting.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 9:20 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Here's where you can get them: http://www.gmnavdisc.com/
Old October 3rd, 2010, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile http://www.gmnavdisc.com thank you

Thank you for the assist.

Originally Posted by 73shark
Here's where you can get them: http://www.gmnavdisc.com/