Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Nav map disc reading error!!!!! Please Help!!!

Old August 31st, 2009, 9:20 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bluray

Originally Posted by MacTahoe

And in other matters the 4.1c update does contain the new firmware that will install if your unit requires. It is on a dual layer disc, and not a blueray besides there aren't any blueray burners out yet ONLY Blueray readers

man, your right! of all 5 of these, I can't see a single blu-ray writer...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TabStoreType=1

(I do IT for a living)...

The first Blu-ray writer was January 15th, 2007... over 2 years ago

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/504553

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; August 31st, 2009 at 9:23 AM.
Old September 4th, 2009, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacTahoe
Based on this statement " However, it will sometimes read for a little while and then I get this message. The map disc is not scratched or dirty... it is a good disc. music cd's and burned cd's work fine"
I think the owner is perhaps putting the Nav DVD is the media DVD slot by mistake. Why do I think this ,because I did it wrong myself after the last free update. Remember there is an on screen selection that says "Eject NAV DVD" and then the screen motors up cool like to show the NAV DVD slot.

And in other matters the 4.1c update does contain the new firmware that will install if your unit requires. It is on a dual layer disc, and not a blueray besides there aren't any blueray burners out yet ONLY Blueray readers

MacTahoe, I have the 2005 version in which the Nav DVD and music cd's must use the same slot. If i want to use Nav DVD I have to take out my music cd.
Old September 4th, 2009, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Here is a pick of my nav / radio. Just to let you guys know, the other day I decided to put the disc in. It worked for 2 days without taking it out. I then decided to take it out put right back in -- I got the error message.
Attached Thumbnails Nav map disc reading error!!!!! Please Help!!!-100_0524.jpg  
Old September 4th, 2009, 2:44 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nav

I was assuming it was an 07+ one. with the 06 pre I'd look at a new head unit... find one u like on crutchfield then buy it for 1/2 the price on ebay...

man that's a PITA, I knew GM was crap w/technology but man.. thats a stupid design!
Old September 4th, 2009, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I was assuming it was an 07+ one. with the 06 pre I'd look at a new head unit... find one u like on crutchfield then buy it for 1/2 the price on ebay...

man that's a PITA, I knew GM was crap w/technology but man.. thats a stupid design!
How will an aftermarket unit work with my audio system and factory installed dvd player?
Old September 4th, 2009, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

How will an aftermarket unit work with my audio system and factory installed dvd player? I am not an audio eduacated guy!!!
Old September 7th, 2009, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Will a 07+ one be installed in a 2005? any dash modifications?
Old April 4th, 2016, 1:25 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Map disk not reading

The map disk drive is bad I am looking to buy the disk drive where can I get one at?
Old April 4th, 2016, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Is it possible that this is a copy of an OEM disk and not an original? That would explain a lot... I know that there are a LOT of eBay sellers that copy the disk and sell them to make money...
Old February 8th, 2017, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

MacTahoe,
How did you fix the error? I have a 2013 Suburban LTZ and have been dealing with this and no one can seem to help. I have talked to Chevy Infotainment Service, Chevy Technical Service, and been to two dealership service departments. My son put the map upgrade disc into the dvd player. It acted and did all the things it should as I have now seen on google. I went to get gas, turned the truck off, and when I turned it back on, I got a map update error message. (the instructions said that if the vehicle is turned off, the disc will resume where it left off when the vehicle is started again). This error will not clear from my screen. I have pulled the fuse, disconnected the battery, pulled the nav system, unplugged, left out awhile, then put back in. Nothing is working and BOTH dealerships said that I just need a new disc. I'm on the 2nd new disc now. Chevy tech support said that the dealerships should be able to reset the navigation unit, but they do not seem to know anything at all!! I just do not know what to do anymore!

Also, one customer support said that in my model truck, you inserted the disc into the dvd player. Another customer support tech said that it goes in a slot behind the screen, which I have now watched videos on. However, the problem is that I cannot even access my navigation screen to see if the nav unit opens up to reveal a map slot because of this map update error message. It will not allow me to do anything except listen to the radio. The message never goes away!!!!

Last edited by pasmit; February 8th, 2017 at 9:16 AM. Reason: needed to add info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nav map disc reading error!!!!! Please Help!!!