Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Engine hours on DIC

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine hours on DIC

My engine hours seem to be resetting randomly to zero. Would be happy if the milage did too but it hasn't. I don't think it's gotten above 20 hours in the last 4 months. I don't usually check it but i reset trip and average miles per gallon etc at every fuel fill up and I have noticed the low numbers as I scan through to reset the other modalities. Is this something I'm doing? The only thing I can think of if my battery is now eight years old and still seems to work okay so I haven't changed it. I have a 2005 Tahoe and everything else in the DIC seems to work normally.

Thanks Tom
Old June 13th, 2013, 7:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a '04 Tahoe 117,xxx miles. Few months ago I had the hour meter resetting also and had no other problems. ??? Left the headlights on too long and it wouldn't start. Got it jumped and all was well and noticed the batt was about 3 years plus old and the terminals were clean. For our area with heat and humidity about 30 months is average life. Got a new batt under warranty exchange and when removing the old one I noticed under the foam rubber heat shield around the batt it was bulged out and not normally seen. Since then the hour meter is fine. Have gone to a 3 year limit on batts even if they are working ok. Please check your connections and either load test it or leave the headlights on for a while then check cranking. A healthy batt can make it easier on the charging system too. Good luck but let us know how it works out. Thanks. *BW*
Old June 13th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the hour meter is faulty on alot of trucks of this age. Its nothing your doing but rather a internal fault with the ipc.