Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 PM

Default New 2009 Tahoe - where's the storage ?

I love my new LT2 hoe, but i can't seem to find much additional storage compartments besides the center console and the glove compartment. All my other vehicles always had some kind of extra compartments in the rear for first aid, safety equipment, rags etc... im new to the Tahoe, does anyone know if im missing anything ?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
CF Active Member

I store jumper cables, etc. in the rear side panel where the jack is stored. It should be on the drivers side where the cup holder is located. Pull up on this cup holder/cover and there is some extra storage space to work with.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

The jack storage area is pretty cavernous just be sure to wrap any heavy items in a towel or something soft or you'll be wondering where that rattling sound is coming from.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
CF Addict

Default storage

you could always take out the 3rd row and put some shelves from Ikea in it

2009 Tahoe LTZ (Mikayla)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon on 35s (River)
2016 Tesla Model S or X (Saving my )
Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Now that's just wrong.
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM
CF Active Member

Hey Shark, correct me if I'm wrong, but if he has an '09 with the power liftgate, the rear storage compartment houses the motor for the liftgate, right?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Administrator

It does on mine ('07), all I have is where the jack is which is under the cupholder that pries out.

Two storage possibilities are putting a battery box in the empty tray or using a small duffle which is what I did. Put trailer stuff in it. Also put in a rear console between the middle buckets.
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
CF Beginner

I put my amps in that side compartment. I did not want anyone stepping on them as they got in the back or hit if I carry something big. I had to lose the cup holders though. Hopefully I don't need the jack anytime soon.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Tags
2007, 2009, 2010, cables, chevy, compartment, jack, jumper, located, location, rear, storage, storing, tahoe, tahoer, wheres