Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Suburban owner - power seat problem

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2014, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi kengh,

I'm very sorry to hear of this repeat concern that you have been experiencing with your Suburban. I understand that you have been back and forward to the dealership in order to have this concern resolved. Feel free to contact GM of Canada if any further assistance is needed. They can be reached at 800-263-3777 Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 11:30 PM and Saturday from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
i have spoken to someone there, and they spoke to the dealer- - end result was "very UNsatisfactory' = they suggest i am not putting the seat up correct, (i do both the seats the same- only the 60% seat back folds as we travel) they suggested the mobility scooter lift may be touching the controls - that is impossible as it bolted to the floor at the very rear, then they suggested maybe the scooter hits the controls- that also is not the problem as the scooter is anchored to the lift at leats 1 foot from the controls, and the seat back folds even when the scooter is not loaded- then they suggest i try it for awhile - maybe the fix they did has to work in-- i think they are not able to fix it by other than complete replacemnt of seats and catches and back and controls- but GM would have to instruct them to do that - please do so now.</PRE>
I read my replies to this blog and see i am not the only one with this problem</PRE>
Old July 23rd, 2014, 2:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi kengh,

We will be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and current mileage. With that information we will contact the correct group and discuss your concern further with them. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; July 23rd, 2014 at 2:46 PM.
Old July 24th, 2014, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2013 suburban seat back folding while driving

i have sent the private message ( 2) and await your contact
thanks for the attention
Old August 20th, 2014, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

THEY HAVE NOT REPLACE THE FRAME - NOR CONSIDERED IT. mine has dropped or started - with my sister in law sitting on it. She was able to force it back into a lock while we drove. It also folded with my 5 year old grand-daughter sitting on it - forced her to the floor, and an emergency freeway stop was made. This was whie my son was driving it - in Houston and it was brand new at that time having just a 100 or so miles on it. No injury but sure could have been
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

So it is power folding while you are driving !?! that sounds like a major safety issue...
I would strongly suggest a different dealership, in the mean time I would suggest disconnecting the power to it....
There has to be a defective switch or pinched wiring somewhere...
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:59 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

We'll be responding to your private message shortly, kengh. We look forward to working through this with you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 22nd, 2014, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

i await your call - 306-543-3009
Old October 1st, 2014, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Power driver seat problems

The rear lift/lower function on the driver seat wont work just spins like it is working. just front tilt works. what is the fix/issue?
Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default to Cahubbs

i am not able to help - my front seats work correctly - it is the 2nd row seat back that is myproblem. Since MARCH - several attempts to find and fix the problem have been made and it is still flops as we drive
I am waiting now for a call from Peggy - Canada GM service