Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 07:41 AM
CF Beginner
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

Default Oil Filter Adapter Replacement?

I have a 99 Tahoe with 5.7L vortec. It has around 187,000 miles. I got a problem with my oil pressure droppeing down to 6 psi when I come to a stop after the engine is warm. Driving, its up around 38-40 psi. I have changed my oil and the oil pressure sensor and have yet to fix the problem. I am now looking at the oil filter adapter replacemnt. I have never done it but it seems pretty easy.

Wanted to know if anyone has ever done this and if you are supposed to be able to see the spring on the bypass valve on the adapter when you are inspecting it during an oil change. Are there any gaskets that I am going to need in order to replace this also (the Hanes manual has nothing in it for this type of maintenance)?

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated!!!!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:41 AM

Tags
1999, 57, 57l, 95, 99, adapter, chevrolet, chevy, filter, instructions, oil, problems, stud, tahoe, vortec