Open Doors, but no light come on in the interior - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Open Doors, but no light come on in the interior

CF Active Member

Texas

February 20th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #1  
Open Doors, but no light come on in the interior

Yes, it's me again and this '96 suburban.

I have interior lights, and they work if I push the button next to the light to turn them on, but if I open ANY door, the interior lights don't work.

No fuses are blown.

Any suggestions on where to start? Door switches? They all pop out when the doors are opened.

Don't like getting into a completely dark vehicle, and neither do the kiddos.

Super Moderator

ohio

February 20th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2  
there should be a dome override switch. push it open the door if they dont come on push it again..thats how mine works anyway lol

CF Active Member

Texas

February 21st, 2010, 1:32 PM   #3  
I'll have to look. Where is that switch normally located? Isn't that close to the headlight **** on your truck? If so, it's not like that on the suburban.

Super Moderator

ohio

February 21st, 2010, 1:52 PM   #4  
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...WAMS_536930287___ i looked ok advanced auto parts.. this is what looks like mine. and i looekd up yours 1996 surb. and it shows the same thing. but yea its the little button nest to where u switch the lights on and off

CF Active Member

Texas

February 21st, 2010, 2:53 PM   #5  
Now I feel stupid. I DO have that button and I totally missed it. It was turned off (pushed in). I guess I haven't really looked for it until it was dark (when I actually thought about the lights not coming on) and didn't realize it was there.

Thanks stylez for the help. Try not to laugh at me too much.

Funny how sometimes you get to looking so hard for a problem that you miss the OBVIOUS.

Super Moderator

ohio

February 21st, 2010, 3:26 PM   #6  
Posted By: PastorK Now I feel stupid. I DO have that button and I totally missed it. It was turned off (pushed in). I guess I haven't really looked for it until it was dark (when I actually thought about the lights not coming on) and didn't realize it was there.

Thanks stylez for the help. Try not to laugh at me too much.

Funny how sometimes you get to looking so hard for a problem that you miss the OBVIOUS.
no problem! i'v done the same stuff for different things it'll be right infront of you! lol

CF Beginner

December 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #7  
Interior lights

1998 Suburban.
NONE of my interior lights come on when any doors are opened. I know about the dome over ride switch and have eliminated this as a probably cause. All lights work when I manually roll the switch on.
Could the over ride switch be bad?
Thanks,
Steve

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors