Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

parking brake problems...

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2009, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking brake problems...

Anyone have any problems with their parking brake? I never use mine, because when I do, it freaks out when I release it. It will keep thinking it is on and the rear park assist light will keep flashing saying its disabled or something like that. I have to play with the parking release for it to finally realize that it is not engaged.

Also on more than one occasion, the alert for rear park assist disabled keeps flashing and beeping that it ends up blowing a fuse. This fuse is the amp fuse located in fuse compartment under the hood. When this fuse blows, I loose all audio.

Anyone have anything similar with theirs?
Old June 7th, 2009, 8:51 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

What year? Are you saying that you apply the parking brake and then when you release it, it doesn't fully release which lets the system think it's still applied?
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a 2007 LT3.

As far as I can tell the parking brake gets disengaged when I release it. If I let go of the brake, it will roll forward, so it seems to be working correctly. Its as if the parking brake release handle has a sensor of some sort. If I put pressure on the upper part of the release handle, the light goes off as it should.

Hopefully my description makes sense
Old June 8th, 2009, 8:01 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Well if it's under warranty, then I'd take it in. If not, then I'd start looking at the mechanics of how it works and see if something turns up that's not working the way it should.