Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

parking and tail lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2016, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking and tail lights staying on

Tahoe parking lights and tail lights remain on. I have pulled and replaced the parking light relay to no avail. I have removed the switch and lights remain on with switch unplugged. I have checked the trailer plug and nothing loose there. Please anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Old January 16th, 2016, 7:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by shipper1
Tahoe parking lights and tail lights remain on. I have pulled and replaced the parking light relay to no avail. I have removed the switch and lights remain on with switch unplugged. I have checked the trailer plug and nothing loose there. Please anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Are the lights still on when the relay is removed?
Then, something in the wiring is powering the circuit. See if removing the 'TRLR PRK' fuse fixes the problem. If it does then revisit the trailer plug especially the backside looking for corrosion or pinched wires.

Do you hear the relay clicking when you plug it in?
The BCM turns the relay on when it sees the light switch closed. I'd try doing a BCM reset (disconnect the battery).
Old January 23rd, 2017, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shipper1, did you find a solution to this??? I'm having the same issue. When the mechanic pulled the relay, the lights were still on!