Please help troubleshoot mirrors - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Please help troubleshoot mirrors

Old  September 20th, 2011, 12:28 PM
  • CF Beginner
Please help troubleshoot mirrors

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. The passenger side mirror turns down every time I turn the car off. The driver side mirror will move left and right but not up or down. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with them? Any advice on what to do next?

thank you

Old  September 20th, 2011, 7:45 PM
  • CF Junior Member
    Wisconsin
Find a dealer who isnt an idiot. If that doesnt work, try unpluging the mirror switch then shutting off the vehicle.

Old  September 20th, 2011, 7:59 PM
  • CF Active Member
    New York
Yeah, that's definitely not normal! Unfortunately, I can't offer much of a solution. It could possibly be a bad motor (or two) or a switch? One thing is for sure - I can agree with mercracing that you should find a new dealer that actually knows what they are talking about.

Old  September 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM
  • CF Active Member
Have you checked the settings for when you put the vehicle in park, turn off etc. Sounds like you are in a custom exit mode.

Old  November 11th, 2011, 8:54 PM
  • CF Beginner
Where is the mirror switch? And how exactly do i do this? I have a similar problem but it is with one mirror only. Also if you have any advice on getting the mirror to move up and down that would be great. The little arms all work but when I pop the mirror back on, it will not move up and down just left and right. Arghh. I appreciate it. KS

Old  November 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
  • CF Active Member
I access mine through the buttons on the steering wheel, I turned all the mirror functions off. Just being one mirror you may be having other problems.

Old  November 17th, 2011, 8:31 AM
  • CF Beginner
    USA
gnieche 
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. The passenger side mirror turns down every time I turn the car off. The driver side mirror will move left and right but not up or down. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with them? Any advice on what to do next?

thank you
do you have memory seats?

Old  November 18th, 2011, 2:34 PM
  • CF Beginner
I do have memory seats. I recently reset all settings which briefly solved the problem before it started again. My driver side mirror now won't move up as well....

Old  November 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM
  • CF Beginner
    USA
I would reset all the memory setting positons, mirror, seats etc before starting the car. It almost sounds like you have a bad mirror control switch.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors