Please help troubleshoot mirrors - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Please help troubleshoot mirrors

CF Beginner

September 20th, 2011, 1:28 PM   #1  
Please help troubleshoot mirrors

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. The passenger side mirror turns down every time I turn the car off. The driver side mirror will move left and right but not up or down. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with them? Any advice on what to do next?

thank you

CF Junior Member

Wisconsin

September 20th, 2011, 8:45 PM   #2  
Find a dealer who isnt an idiot. If that doesnt work, try unpluging the mirror switch then shutting off the vehicle.

CF Active Member

New York

September 20th, 2011, 8:59 PM   #3  
Yeah, that's definitely not normal! Unfortunately, I can't offer much of a solution. It could possibly be a bad motor (or two) or a switch? One thing is for sure - I can agree with mercracing that you should find a new dealer that actually knows what they are talking about.

CF Active Member

September 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM   #4  
Have you checked the settings for when you put the vehicle in park, turn off etc. Sounds like you are in a custom exit mode.

CF Beginner

November 11th, 2011, 9:54 PM   #5  
Where is the mirror switch? And how exactly do i do this? I have a similar problem but it is with one mirror only. Also if you have any advice on getting the mirror to move up and down that would be great. The little arms all work but when I pop the mirror back on, it will not move up and down just left and right. Arghh. I appreciate it. KS

CF Active Member

November 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #6  
I access mine through the buttons on the steering wheel, I turned all the mirror functions off. Just being one mirror you may be having other problems.

CF Beginner

USA

November 17th, 2011, 9:31 AM   #7  
Posted By: gnieche I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. The passenger side mirror turns down every time I turn the car off. The driver side mirror will move left and right but not up or down. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with them? Any advice on what to do next?

thank you
do you have memory seats?

CF Beginner

November 18th, 2011, 3:34 PM   #8  
I do have memory seats. I recently reset all settings which briefly solved the problem before it started again. My driver side mirror now won't move up as well....

CF Beginner

USA

November 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM   #9  
I would reset all the memory setting positons, mirror, seats etc before starting the car. It almost sounds like you have a bad mirror control switch.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors