Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power Window problem Tahoe -00

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2006, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window problem Tahoe -00

My rear left power window is suddenly out of order (the window is closed at this moment). When i push the power window button to open the window i can hear a "click" noise but nothing happens. If i push the button to close the window i have the same "click" noise as on the other doors when i push theirs button to close position when they are already closed.

The fuses seems ok and the power lock and the door light works ok.

Could it be the power window motor or some other fuse/fuses that i don't know about?

Best regards
Christer
Old September 26th, 2006, 8:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Power Window problem Tahoe -00

Sounds like the power window motor went tango uniform on you.
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
CF Active Member

Had the same problems on my '01. The rear plug in came loose(how, I have no idea) and on the front motor, lost the ground someway.
Old September 27th, 2006, 1:52 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sjenkinzz

Had the same problems on my '01. The rear plug in came loose(how, I have no idea) and on the front motor, lost the ground someway.
And it made a "clicking" noise after the plug came lose???
Old September 27th, 2006, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

The "clicking" comes from the control button not from the motor, (and have the same sound on the other doors when i try to close a closed window).

I have power to the door as the powerlock and light works. I have loosen the wiring contact from the body and put on some contactspray and put it back but without any change.

There is a square bulb on the wiring rubber, could it be a fuse there?
Old October 3rd, 2007, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem on 04 tahoe, after I installed a in-dash dvd player, i'm not sure if i blew a fuse or what, but neither the driver nor the passenger door have any power to the windows or locks, but the rear doors, the windows function on. I don't understand what the deal is? if anyone knows what may be the problem, can you please give me a solution, a.s.a.p oh and also in the gauge cluster nothing works but the speedometer and the rpm meter, all the others are all the way to the left, like says i have no gas... and some lights are on, like ABS .. Battery light... etc If anyone knows how i can fix this please let me now..Thanks =)
¤ Jonathan ¤
Old February 25th, 2008, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: guitarplayer

My rear left power window is suddenly out of order (the window is closed at this moment). When i push the power window button to open the window i can hear a "click" noise but nothing happens. If i push the button to close the window i have the same "click" noise as on the other doors when i push theirs button to close position when they are already closed.

The fuses seems ok and the power lock and the door light works ok.

Could it be the power window motor or some other fuse/fuses that i don't know about?

Best regards
Christer
Im experiencing the exact same thing right now. I noticed a few days ago my windows weren't responding when I tried to roll them down. Then after a few mins they rolled down fine. Today Im leaving work and try to roll them down, Nothing! Finally got passenger window to roll all the way down and up, pwr door locks work fine, pwr mirrors fine. Its only the Drivers window that wont roll down. Button clicks and clicks but does nothing. Took everything apart, checked all the wiring harnesses, everything was secure. I assumed my motor had gone bad but why did the passenger side do the same thing then start working fine. Is it just bad luck that both my motors went bad at the same time? Any info is appreciated.