Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:31 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Problems with power door locks

Old January 14th, 2009, 9:34 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default RE: Problems with power door locks

ORIGINAL: Bamapilot

No luck on cleaning the door lock switch. I called the Chevrolet dealership to ask about a new door lock switch. Of course, way over priced and non-refundable. Any other ideas?

If it does turn out to be the switch , check Ebay, I was able to pick up a couple of switches for like $14 bucks for my sisters 02 suburban for the rear doors, they were used but looked brand new, probably popped out of a totaled vehicle.
Old March 17th, 2009, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: problem with power door locks

I am having a similar problem, only the electric switch works on all doors but the drivers for locking, but does work when unlocking. same with the key fob, and the security system sets, but teh drivers door is not locked. it will unlock electrically when I put in park but not lock when I put in drive.

I had it replaced once, and the problem started internittantly almost imediately, and after 3 months is back. They said it was the circuit board, and wanted to replace that. would it partially work if it was that?
Old March 17th, 2009, 3:40 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

What year?
Old March 18th, 2009, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problems with power door locks

Sorry 2002 Tahoe z71
Old May 8th, 2009, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having kinda the same problem with my 2007 chevy equinox. as of last week I lost all power on my driver's side door. first my power door lock would not lock/unlock with the remote.then I could not lock/unlock with the switch. a few days later my speaker stopped working and now I don't here the clicking sound when I signal to turn.Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
Old May 9th, 2009, 7:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Company Truck

The 07/08 (not sure which) Silverado 4x4 that I use at work just started doing something similar last week. I haven't turned it into maintenance yet (I'd do it myself, but it's not mine) so I'm not sure what the fix is. What I've noticed is that the driver's door lock will sometimes not lock/unlock when I use the key fob or switch. I watched it almost get stuck halfway, but when I manually actuate it, it works fine with no signs of rubbing. The odd thing is that the power mirrors started acting up also. I can't adjust the mirrors inboard, only up/down and outboard...... All this seems to point to something in the driver's door. The lock is very intermittent. I can duplicate it several times in a row, and then all of the sudden it decides to lock/unlock. All the other locks work fine. I'd suspect the solenoid isn't getting the signal all the time except for the few times that it seems to partially actuate. Of course it might be getting a degraded signal. The mirrors are very consistent, only working up/down and outboard. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in. It definitely seems something's up with the driver's door. I'm paying attention to this since it could affect my 07 Tahoe as well (but hasn't yet).
Old March 24th, 2013, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

I am having a problem with the driver door remote lock of my 2008 Suburban. The remote will not lock when using the remote so we have to lock manually, then lock the others with the remote. Same with unlocking when you return. The key works and the inside switch will lock it and it locks when you start moving.

Where do I start looking. I changed the fuse.

Thanks,

Richard
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by richnors
I am having a problem with the driver door remote lock of my 2008 Suburban. The remote will not lock when using the remote so we have to lock manually, then lock the others with the remote. Same with unlocking when you return. The key works and the inside switch will lock it and it locks when you start moving.

Where do I start looking. I changed the fuse.

Thanks,

Richard
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> richnors,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. This may be due to a lock actuator issue. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to provide more information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Mine also has lost power to all 4 doors
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

advance auto...50 per actuator...easy DIY install...don't even bother with a dealer...it's so easy...hardest part is getting the damn door panels off !! after that its a 15 minute job.

Its not rocket science but more a basic ability to work a screwdriver, drill out 2 rivets, pull a plug, then reverse the order.

These skills I deem should be self evident...but in our society, more and more, I find they are not.
Self Reliance, self preservation, fix it yourself, don't blame others.

Last edited by SOLOLUCKY; March 26th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems with power door locks