Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe - problems

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Tahoe - problems

My tahoe makes a high pitched noise when you use the turn signal or when the radio is on or you plug into the audio. The dealership cant duplicate the problem, so they cant fix it. The radio has been replaced twice, the altnator, rack n pinion, two batteries, u joint, the instrument panel, vibrating mirror, and they have replaced the bolt covers by the door handles on the passenger side. We also have the warped rotors, and the bump in the rear end and the hard shifting transmission. Now, when u use the radio controls on the steering wheel, if you turn down the volume the volume goes up (dealer cant find that probem either). Its very upsetting when you spend almost 50k on a vehicle and its just one problem after another.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 1:13 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Might check ur local "lemon law".
Old July 23rd, 2010, 4:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you the original owner? this is a pretty random 1st post for you...to come on here and complain about a 3 year old vehicle when all of these are known issues. this was the 1st year for this platform so there are bound to be issues. Same way with nearly every 1st year run vehicle.
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:23 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by ousig2408
.....this was the 1st year for this platform so there are bound to be issues. Same way with nearly every 1st year run vehicle.....
Uhhh....say what? Lemme get this straight.... If I buy a 1st year platform of any make or model, I should expect it to be riddled with problems, and bugs? Your serious? If that's true, you, me, tomcassie, shark, and all the rest of the '07 owners here were total idiots to go with the '07 Tahoe! Let's clarify something. The GMT9XX might be a new platform, and does feature some new suspension components. But many of the vehicle components are recycled from previous years. As far as I'm concerned, this is all about cheap offshore parts and poor quality control, and has very little to do with the fact that this is a new model year. I wonder if the first year of the redesigned Honda Civic features the number of bugs found in the Tahoe?

To the original poster, yes, many of your issues are well known. The rotors..crap. The only way to resolve the issue is to replace them with a quality brand rotor. Chevy deson't seem to understand that the steel the Chinese use to make the OEM rotors is junk. Vibrating mirror is a known issue, and I believe a bulletin has been issued on it. The OEM battery's got no fist in its glove. It's crap. Replace it with an Interstate and problem solved. I don't know which radio you have, but there are several suppliers of the radios. One of them's on its last legs. There are many more issues that you have avoided, and hopefully won't encounter. As sharkie says, If you still can, escalate your greivances. Don't stop at the dealer.
Old July 25th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

As a rule of thumb in my experience, the first year of an all new vehicle as the GMT900 was, there are some issues. Sometimes they get worked out during the model year like the alternator and A/C software. Sometimes not like the 1968 Corvette.
Old July 26th, 2010, 7:38 AM
CF Senior Member

Harden, yes 1st year models usually have issues - most of the issues the '07 Tahoe has are relatively minor and have either been fixed by recalls/updates from GM or an owner can upgrade the (rotors/battery) for minimal cost on their own. problem solved. I am not saying issues are ok or good but they kind of have to be taken for what they are.

regarding the "new" Civic, I have no idea about that vehicle. I do know that it is much smaller and not as heavy duty as the Tahoe so that may help keep some problems to a min.
I also have a '99 Acura TL (1st year run for this TL). numerous issues with these including transmission, engine mounts, paint, navigation signal,rotors warping (same Chinese steel you are taking about in an Acura)...
there are 1000s of parts in a vehicle, if a handful are not up to par then get it fixed or try a new vehicle with undoubtably new issues
Old July 26th, 2010, 8:16 AM
CF Senior Member

though the chrome door handles on my Acura with 170000 miles are good as new - no hint of cracking/fading. I do not understand why car makers do not simply find a door handle/chrome plating company that makes good quality products and simply use them consistantly .
Harden I do agree that most of the issues on the Tahoe (and most cars for that matter) are due to cost cutting
Old July 27th, 2010, 8:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

tomcassie, I would like to direct message you to gather some more information on the issues you've been experienceing. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 19th, 2010, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are alot of other owners on here that would like to tell you all of their issues too, and I am one of them. I am on my third battery, because of sudden draining. Replaced 6 outside chrome door handles, both fronts and both rears twice. Noisy A/C at startup, same radio problem, same warped rotors, same cluncking u-joints and all of this with less than 40,000 on it in 3yrs.
Old August 20th, 2010, 7:18 AM
CF Senior Member

Mobile Beat - regarding the u joint/drivetrain noise. I just got the slip yoke and u joint replaced at the dealership under the powertrain warranty. all of the noise is 100% gone. you may go by and have them look at it