Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2007, 7:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar Detector

Hello everyone, Brand new to the forum. I just picked up my new 2007 Tahoe last week and my question is. I'm installing a Passport SR7 radar detector which is built in (under hood in grill). I'm looking for a power source that will be hot only when ignition is on and engine is running. Also I would like to mount the receiver inside just above the speedo and tachcluster out of sight.There is a panel that is arc shaped that I believe will come off so I can run my wiring. I would like everything concealed and neatly done and I don't want to butcher anything up. I hope someone out has some info. Thanks for you're time....
Old May 10th, 2007, 8:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radar Detector

Great choice of a radar detector, did you get the laser shifters as well? I've been using a Passport SRX for4 years now in my 2003 Suburban, before that had a SR1 in my 2000 Yukon XL.My '07 Suburban should be in the dealership in 3 weeks, got an SRX for it already !! I'd put the control head in the armrest, out of sight, that'S where it is now in my '03.Spend the extra money for the led display and the external speaker , mount the speaker under the dash, and the led by your speedo,I think if you put the whole control head there it will be annoying when you drive, especially at night.As far as an ignition, go to the fuse block, tap off any ignition hot wire and you'll be good to go.Hope this helps.