Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio going crazy!

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2011, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the double post. The system told me it did not post the first time!!!

lel1956
Old January 17th, 2012, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have now replaced all for of my door speakers and all clickers and chimes are working! The problem was not the speaker amp connection, simply bad speakers. My Chevrolet mechanic tells me the speakers in these model vehicles go bad frequently and he has had to replaced a lot of them. The 2007 Suburban with a plain AM-FM radio/CD player has no amp per Mr. Goodwrench. A word of advice about replacing the door speakers. The installation instructions I got from Crutchfield say to disconnect the cable that operates the inside door latch. It is virtually impossible to disconnect the cable without breaking the flimsy pastic latch handle housing. Simply suspend the inside door trim with bungee cord or similar hanger. This will keep you from breaking the door latch housings which cost $138 each to replace. I broke the housing on both of my rear doors before learning this expensive lession. I suspended the front door trims as described and was able to installed the speakers without problems.
Old July 19th, 2014, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default Just a person that hates to type

Well I have the same thing going on in my 2007Avalanche. I pulled out the radio and in the back beyond the braces you can see what looks like a Delphi made amplifier I think. No numbers on the front don't show up on Google when I look for them My numbers 19032 or 15919032 Could be a numbers change by now has anybody fixed the ones posted?
Old July 19th, 2014, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default tallmantwo

My radio works part time. It's very strange I back it in my driveway all speakers work with everything else. After it sit's in the hot sun for a few HR'S it works fine till the next morn. Then nothing works till I come home again on No sun no radio
Old July 19th, 2014, 5:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Is your truck named Christine?
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

Yes it could be "Christine" Well my RPO numbers in the repair book shows my Avalanche did not have a Amplifier by the numbers in the glove box. Check to see if you have these UQA and UQS if so you should have a amp.Wonders where i go from here? A new radio Humnmm loves the sound of mine Hope this helps with anyone that has the same thing going on in the Chevy Trucks
Old May 1st, 2016, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

I am having EXACTLY the same problem in my 2013 Camaro.... I have been looking all OVER the internet trying to find a solution. Did you ever get this issue figured out??
Old August 9th, 2017, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default May have some helpful advice

Originally Posted by doktrred
I have a 2007 Suburban. Late last week the radio started acting odd. The lights on the display would dim slightly and then be back at normal strength. There was no sound when the lights were dim, and normal sound when the display was at normal strength. IT would flicker "on and off" about once a second, then would be ok for a while then start again. It first did this when the truck was parked,(not moving the road). Driving down the road doesn't seem to affect what it is doing at all(I first thought maybe a loose connection????)
Since then the problem has worsened to the point where the radio shuts off by itself, and when on, "flashes" constantly (when lights off-no sound, when lights on -there is sound). The C/D is affected as well. I also noticed this weekend when there were still some periods where the radio worked normally, that when it was acting up-flickering on and off-, the turn signal would be visible but there was no audible "tic-tic" like there is under normal conditions. In other words, you couldn't hear the turn signal when the radio was flickering, but could hear them when it was behaving. THe turn signal lights on the outside of the truck are working normally, just no audible click when they are flashing.
Found this TSB in the list 07-08-44-008, wonder if anyone could give me more info on this TSB and where to find this amp connector it describes

Anyone had this "ghost in the machine" before?
Any ideas welcome.
Mike
Anyone who works with stereos would instantly think lose ground or wire shorting because of the flickering lights and loss of sound.But I work at a custom shop installing stereo systems amps GPS DVD subs and amps.Knowing the make is Chevy or gm and dealt with many customers experiencing these type problems in almost every case it has been a bad factory amp it is usually behind glove box or under center console but to remove the amp under center console you will have to remove your seats to reach screws on amp brackets.you can also bypass this amp which is much easier and the only major difference will be the back sub the amp works as a crossover and booster for mainly rear subs
Old August 9th, 2017, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by doktrred
I have a 2007 Suburban. Late last week the radio started acting odd. The lights on the display would dim slightly and then be back at normal strength. There was no sound when the lights were dim, and normal sound when the display was at normal strength. IT would flicker "on and off" about once a second, then would be ok for a while then start again. It first did this when the truck was parked,(not moving the road). Driving down the road doesn't seem to affect what it is doing at all(I first thought maybe a loose connection????)
Since then the problem has worsened to the point where the radio shuts off by itself, and when on, "flashes" constantly (when lights off-no sound, when lights on -there is sound). The C/D is affected as well. I also noticed this weekend when there were still some periods where the radio worked normally, that when it was acting up-flickering on and off-, the turn signal would be visible but there was no audible "tic-tic" like there is under normal conditions. In other words, you couldn't hear the turn signal when the radio was flickering, but could hear them when it was behaving. THe turn signal lights on the outside of the truck are working normally, just no audible click when they are flashing.
Found this TSB in the list 07-08-44-008, wonder if anyone could give me more info on this TSB and where to find this amp connector it describes

Anyone had this "ghost in the machine" before?
Any ideas welcome.
Mike
as for the TSB just go to your local dealership and the technician there will know exactly what the the technical service bulletin also more commonly known as a service or malfunction recall