Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Paint peeling

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2007, 2:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint peeling

Is there a problem with white chevy paint from mid 90's. There seems to be a lot of Chevy trucks, mine included, with substantial peeling.
Old July 15th, 2022, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blue Trax paint peeling

Please Contact the Maher Law Firm in Florida 407 839 0866 as they are filing a class action lawsuit against GM for peeling paint from multiple vehicles
I was told a judge would decide if the lawsuit will be global or state by state I urge everyone with this issue to contact them as GM refuses to take responsibility My Trax started peeling under the back glass last year and the area was repainted, now it's peeling on both sides in the front, GM refuses to pay for repainting the entire car

Last edited by CJTaylor24; July 15th, 2022 at 9:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Patricia Walden (September 4th, 2023)
Old July 16th, 2022, 8:59 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
Is there a problem with white chevy paint from mid 90's. There seems to be a lot of Chevy trucks, mine included, with substantial peeling.
Yes. Manufacturers were forced by government to use low VOC paints, and peeling was a huge issue. I've seen it on many 1990s GM vehicles, and on other brands too.

Automotive Paint & Coating Market is mainly dominated by PPG, BASF, Axalta Coating Systems, Nippon and Kansai

My 1998 white Nissan Frontier (built in USA, purchased in 2004) started peeling about 10 years ago; attempts to touch up or sand spots results in more peeling. On one side of the truck bed the clearcoat is peeling from the white, so a different issue. In the 2000s Nissan had huge troubles with their blue paint peeling, especially when vehicles were parked in the sun everyday. It seems to me that the top/color fails to stick to the primer on these. My 2004 Frontier is the dreaded Electric Blue, but so far mine has escaped the paint peeling, but others have not. Mine is this color/model but photos below are not my truck, just examples.

Old January 26th, 2023, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lawsuit is the answer..never buy g.m. again. Never

Originally Posted by CJTaylor24
Please Contact the Maher Law Firm in Florida 407 839 0866 as they are filing a class action lawsuit against GM for peeling paint from multiple vehicles
I was told a judge would decide if the lawsuit will be global or state by state I urge everyone with this issue to contact them as GM refuses to take responsibility My Trax started peeling under the back glass last year and the area was repainted, now it's peeling on both sides in the front, GM refuses to pay for repainting the entire car
  • Everyone file a lawsuit..