Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear AUX Heat Won't Switch from Ceiling to Floor

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2015, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear AUX Heat Won't Switch from Ceiling to Floor

I have an 04 Yukon XL. The Rear Heat is stuck in the ceiling position and will not switch to floor. It seems like I have an actuator that needs to be replaced but I can't figure out which one. Most of the threads I have seen refer to the Blend Door that controls AC/Heat Blending, not the ceiling to floor air direction, which I am having problems with. Also, I only see one actuator on the Parts Diagram which is the Hot/Cold Blend Door. Anyone else had this issue or can help me figure out the correct part number for the Ceiling/Floor actuator? Thanks!!
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the actuator you're referring to is called a mode actuator, in this case probably auxiliary mode actuator
Old December 6th, 2015, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the response! I found the HOT/COLD actuator and the Floor/Ceiling actuator are both AC Delco p/n 15-72972. Ended up having to replace both of them along with installing the updated control module 15-73506 to resolve all my issues. Got all 3 parts on Amazon for less than my dealer wanted for a single actuator.