Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Considering a 2007 Tahoe

Old November 10th, 2006, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a 2007 Tahoe

MAN...I am getting nervous about the 2007 Tahoe that I ordered. My name is Glenn Kawesch and I am new to the forum but I am active on another forum that is similar. I clipped some of the problems we have seen on the other forum ( which will remain nameless so as not to s p a m ).

Should I not get a tahoe?

2-20-06 - First problem I had was the rear air conditioning didn't work. Dealer found out that the module and wires leading to the rear air was cut/crimped - dealer replaced module in one day.

3-15-06 - Second problem was numerous errors on the dash, flashing control panel and park assist light, fuel empty reading when tank was full, then car wouldn't start. Dealer had for a week. Identified as main computer module -was a RESTRICTED part so it had to be ordered directly from factory.

3-31-06 - Third problem is the vehicle is now shifting very hard from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Called dealer and he said if you turn vehicle off and back on then it will probably work, but that the transmission module is probably bad and IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. Dealer is picking up the car once again on 4-3-06.

Next time something happens - I will request a replacement vehicle.

Glenn Kawesch
Old November 10th, 2006, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Considering a 2007 Tahoe

Glenn, I've had my Tahoe since late June and love it. I haven't had a single problem. Chevy is selling a ton of these and there are bound to be some issues, especially since this is the first model year but I think we've made a good choice. Good luck!
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
CF Active Member

Glenn
I just went through the buy-back process in fact just got our new Tahoe today. We had a motor noise GM was unable to fix and a few other issues so they replaced the motor and we drove it until our vehicle was replaced. The whole process took a little over two months. The hold up was GM playing paperwork games. The new vehicle was at the dealership in 5-1/2 weeks and it took GM the rest of the time to process paperwork. GM did step up and do the right thing. Our new Tahoe is flawless so far. Sometimes these things happen. Maralisjr is right we did make a good choice.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had mine since Jan. I went through a rough spell in the begining related to the HVAC draining the battery.
MOST peoples other issues have been minor and nothing seems to be across the board. the rear window trim is the most common. I would buy again and you shouldn't worry.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:07 AM
CF Active Member

Hi. I have had mine for quite some time too now, no problems at all. Works flawless and I love it!
Old November 11th, 2006, 7:07 PM
CF Senior Member

When you check out car forums people always talk about issues they have no matter how small. Most of the time it is just to see if it is a problem or if it functioning properly. With thousands of vehicles being sold weekly and hundreds of people joining the forum it's gonna look like this vehicle has problems. Truth is, this is one of the finest vehicles IMO that GM has ever built. It drives great, rattle free and sure makes my 1997 Suburban look like a cheap japanese version. I paid quite a bit for this vehicle and in the short time I've had it I can tell you I haven't regretted it for a minute. It's just a great truck. I am reassured that all the problems on here can be rectified under warranty and the fact that GM knows this truck better be good because it's what they're hoping will rebound the company. Maybe just a marketing move but GM offered 100,000 mile warranty because they believe in it and so do I. My friend at GM has also told me that it's amazing how much the number of warranty claims has dropped in the last few years.

Just get the truck and you'll be happy you did. It's great.
Old November 11th, 2006, 8:28 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I agree with doo600 and would add that very seldom does anyone go to these forums and post what a great vehicle they just bought. Most of us are looking for solutions to problems.

Also a lot of the problems were with some of the very earliest Tahoes built. I got mine in May (made @ Janesville, WI) and have had very few problems. Nothing substantial. Really like the truck!
Old November 12th, 2006, 1:46 AM
CF Junior Member

I absolutely love my Tahoe, no regrets at all.
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glenn:

Link

I can't believe it took them this long to get a vehicle so right. I love my LTZ, I've got over 30,000 miles on it already and still love it like the day I bought it.

Old November 12th, 2006, 5:40 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

We love our 07 LT, got it 8 weeks ago No issues except Too Much Oil on Dipstick after oil change

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering a 2007 Tahoe